Trainerroad Calendar is wrong on week/date!

The weeks in my Trainerroad Calendar is wrong.
On January 18 it says Week 4, it should be Week 3 because year 2021 had 53 weeks, not 52 as in Trainerroad calendar.
Or is it just me with this issue?

For me it says Week 4 in my browser but Week 3 in the app ( Android Beta)

1 Like

Well it shouldn’t be week 3 because 2021 has 53 weeks but because of this:

Week number according to the ISO-8601 standard, weeks starting on Monday. The first week of the year is the week that contains that year’s first Thursday (=‘First 4-day week’).

The first Thursday of this year was the 7th Jan meaning week 1 began on Monday 4th Jan. Week 2 started on the 11th, week 3 today.

From the linked Wikipedia article:

If 1 January is on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, it is in week 01. If 1 January is on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, it is in week 52 or 53 of the previous year (there is no week 00). 28 December is always in the last week of its year.

Isn’t t referring to which week of a training block you’re on? If you click on it you should be taken to the training tips for that week.

It’s just a bug, time is hard.

@IvyAudrain

2 Likes

I AM CONFUSION hahaha.

Checking with team to see if something is amiss (an to see where we stand on this ‘first week’ debate :rofl:). Stay tuned.

Here are 2 pictures of my problem :slight_smile:
I´m not on a trainerroadtraining plan. I plan my training aaaaaall by my self :thinking:

You See. My calendars dont match on date/week.

Isn’t this just because it’s US based? This seriously kicked my OCD in the nuts as it doesn’t match weekly numbers here in Norway. So I checked Year 2021 Calendar – United States and it seems like that’s just the way it is. Using the same page for Norway (where I live) week 1 starts with Monday 4th. As a project manager I have run into this issue before, where there is a discrepancy between week#s. Some countries also has no “culture” for using week#s and really didn’t know what I was talking about :crazy_face:

Funny little sentence from Wikipedia: " Date and time notation in the United States differs from that used in nearly all other countries." :laughing: :laughing:

An old programming adage: anyone who believes time and date programming is easy hasn’t done any!

There are two week numbers for each week on the calendar: one is the week number of your current plan and sits to the left of the scree; there’s also the calendar week number which is on the right hand side of the screen just above the TSS accumulator. It’s this latter that is wrong.

According to ISO8601 (see my first response on this thread) we should be in Week3 but the calendar shows we are in Week4 so there’s a bug as @AndersDaag’s screenshots demonstrate.

I used to work writing the code for TV set top box decoders and even American TV broadcasters transmit the programs with a UTC timestamp, the set top box then applies local timezone and DST information for display purposes. Just too confusing to do anything else.

2 Likes

How’s January 2038 looking from your end? :laughing:

Note the “used to”. :grin:

The “problem” of the end of the 32bit Linux epoch was known about back at the millenium when everyone panicked and rushed around looking for other “bugs”. Even then the chips were on the verge of becoming 64bit. Digital TV systems actually use a hybrid 40bit system with 16 bits for the date and 24bits for the time. But there are also finely grained timestamps within each program for synchronising audio and video (these are separate as you might have more than one language per programme), these rollover roughly every day.

:100::laughing:

1 Like

Apologies for Android beta/web calendar discrepancy, we’re working on a fix! Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

2 Likes