Tracking Metrics

Hi there everyone,
Does anyone have any suggestions other than TrainingPeaks on where we can record our metrics like pulse, blood pressure, injuries, sleep, general notes etc.?
I would love to use the Garmin connect app but it’s currently just not up to scratch. (Can’t add manual sleep times, only bed times etc. etc.). I have written to them with suggestions but for now what else is there to use?
Thanks and happy training.

you can add notes to the TR calendar if that’s what you mean. Just click on the day and “add annotation” then you can add what ever metrics / notes you want. you can also colour code the info so you can quickly pick out Blood pressure, Illness, ect ect

Im willing to bet this is part of the future plan for TR from recent conversations on the podcast, in the mean time you could use final surge which is free to use.

Thanks for the answers, will try Final Surge. Thought about using the TR calendar but would like something that can be looked back over at a glance and in some ways quantified. Btw. As I understood from the last podcast metrics is not something they want to do, I pretty sure that Nate said Garmin had it covered…
Thanks again.

I know that Samsung and Apple phones both have built in health apps which can do these things.

Just wanted to add something to this incase someone else is in my situation.

So I’ve been using the iPhone health app for just over a month now and I have to say that it covers 99.9% of what I needed and works great (thanks @willball12 for the tip). There is even a seperate app (at a very small cost) called “health importer” (‎Health Data Importer im App Store) that can import existing data from as a CSV file from say TrainingPeaks which I used to import all my data, worked great for me. I purchased the bundle as they have two apps.
The only thing missing for me is notes but that’s where I use the TR annotations.

Quick tip for Apple app users: you can save favorites in the Health app to quickly record data. I personally find it easier to click on yesterday’s date to see my recorded metrics on the page where the app opens in the calendar view (you need therefore one day recorded first), click on the metric you want to save, click the + at the top right, enter your data. Happy days. Quicker than searching for your favorites, chances are that you enter the same metrics daily.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes