TR Training Zones %'s

Hi,
I searched the forum, but could not find a clear answer, maybe I am not searching properly, so apologies if this has been asked and answered before… please send me in the right direction if it has… but I would like to know what are the %'s of FTP for the TR Training Zones?

Power Zones
Coasting
Active Recovery
Endurance
Tempo
SweetSpot
Threshold
VO2 Max
Anaerobic

Thanks!!

Based on my calculation (data on the finished workout’s summary page):

3 Likes

They’re basically based on the definitions from Coggan, Overton, maybe Hunter Allen (not sure). Anyway, I include those names so you can google if you want and learn about there origin and justification

2 Likes

Awesome!
Thanks!!

2 Likes

Here is my personal chart. I find the sorting (high power at the top, low power at the bottom) more logical and consistent with actual workout power representation. And the colors also aid in quicker review.

Taken from my shared sheet.

7 Likes

Thank you so much @mcneese.chad, this spreadsheet is awesome and saves me a lot of work! I was planning on doing the same thing!
:metal:t3:

1 Like

Happy to help. Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve it. I make changes frequently.

Can someone confirm whether the power zone analysis of TR rides/workouts which shows in % terms how much of the ride was in coasting, active recovery, etc is based on % of total ride time, not distance?

99.9% sure it is time based. The TR workouts themselves lack distance at all, and the “Duration” column just in front of the “Percent” column is a decent hint too. Couple that with what I see for imported rides from Strava, and I think time is the common element.

1 Like

I am working on improving my speed in cornering on flat pine forest, windy MTB trails. I am struggling to reduce my coasting time below 10%. For those of you who manage to coast less, do you simply keep power to pedals while braking before the turn, do you simply brake hard and fast to reduce braking time? Or is there another trick?

Thanks

Thanks, nice :smiley:

1 Like