Tour de France without commercials in the US?

Does anyone know which tier of peacock I need to get to get the commercial free feed of the TdF this year?

In the past they had the Australian feed on NBC sports gold. Now it is on peacock but there is peacock plus and peacock premium plus or something like that.

I’m happy to pay for whichever one has the commercial free TdF.

No luck with the peacock chat bots. It’s almost as if cycling isn’t a high priority for them…

Gcn plus??

2 Likes

Peacock has the TDF in the US, GCN+ doesn’t have it here. (Something something VPN…)

I too am interested, as I am only willing to subscribe if they still have the ‘ASO english world feed’ or whatever the proper name is, that happens to have 2 australian commentators.
That said, the commentators were different last year, and may be this year again, as I don’t know if Robbie and Matt could get back to Australia if they came to France.

2 Likes

No idea. Since it’s the first year with the service, we probably won’t know until the first day of the Tour. I’m just going to pay for the $10 to avoid overlaid ads like what you get on FloBikes sometimes. $10 for an entire grand tour is a steal and major value for money imo, let alone the $5 tier being stupid cheap for watching one of the biggest sporting events in the world for 23 straight days.

1 Like

It’s so cheap it’s free if you have Comcast internet. Just need to get their Flex device, which I’ve left boxed up for almost a year now……

2 Likes

You need to sign up for peacock premium to get all of the previous cycling pass coverage:

Matt and Robbie have been doing commentary from AU for local channel SBS for the Giro and other races. I’d image they will be doing the same for TdF

1 Like

Peacock’s coverage has gone the way of every coverage of the Tour. It started out great with minimal commercials and breaks, little commentary and each stage is covered in it’s entirety. Then, as always, the bean counters saw the cash cow it could be and have riddled the broadcast with commercials, breaks and horrible camera coverage. I don’t mind Phil and Bob. But now they’ve moved Christian to the moto, eliminated Chris Horner and brought in two new stuffed suits to dull down the commentary. UGH… I’d love it if I could watch a live stream of the race with no commercials… like we had a few years ago.

Peacock Premium but choose ‘World Feed’ when watching.

4 Likes

GCN+ and VPN. No commercials and infinitely better commentary.

6 Likes

this this this this this this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^