Tour de France 2021! (spoilers)

Champagne? Got to celebrate after every sprint after all :smiley:

I would guess a digestif over champagne.

Less celebratory but I can get on board with that.

1 Like

Looks like a ā€œfinish bottleā€ā€¦I wonder what they put in it? Tramadol? or is that banned?

For sprinters, Iā€™d imagine itā€™s something that helps accelerate PCR and glucose storage recovery. Caffeine, concentrated sugar, maybe something else in there.

It can take a while for anaerobic stores to reconstitute especially at a high recovery workrate (20-30 minutes at rest, sometimes 2-3 hours at aerobic workrates)

Pure speculation on my part though. I doubt its tramadol mid-race, that would be a terrible idea medically speaking.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh man Cobrelli. Is that a neutral bike?

It had a race numberā€¦donā€™t know if they have a second team bike also with his number on it or it is a teamamtes bike that had been swapped out earlier in the stage. Such a prime position on the car indicates that it would have been Cobrelliā€™s spare bike on a day like this.

1 Like

Pogacar had to work hard himself to close a gap. Once again his team showing weakness. And once again IĀ“m wondering what would be if the other teams would be more healthy in the GC

Ouf, this is a nail biter of a finishā€¦not long to goā€¦ Have a feeling that today might not be for Cavendish and we might wait a little longer for that next stage win. Will be happy to be proved wrong though!

2 Likes

Damn! one more to go.

1 Like

Wow!!! That lead out couldnā€™t have been any more perfect.

5 Likes

Cav ALMOST pulled up too early. Wow.

1 Like

Wout almost slipped in. But yeah a perfect leadout.

2 Likes

In the flats, thatā€™s the key. H

Quickstep is the best team in cycling. Cav executedā€¦ but the team put him in a flawless position.

9 Likes

Yep, I did wonder whether he was celebrating a little early.

1 Like

Never mind the sprint, itā€™s his positioning from 40k out and his ability (and teams) to just move up and down at will. Every roundabout they move to the front to lessen the effort required on the exit.

Chasing Legends is a superb movie if you havenā€™t seen it. The DQS train is the modern day High Road. Beautiful to watch.

2 Likes

Nahā€¦front-on shots make it look closer than it really is. Cav had that handily, at least half a wheel.

3 Likes

How do you not love Cav? Dude is so classy and humble.

2 Likes