I met 2-3 guys who lived near me and we started riding together every Sunday. We decided to form a club, name it, make kits, create a facebook group, launch a website, etc… The guys I started the club with have kinda moved on, but some new riders have moved in to keep it going with me. We have grown our Facebook group to about 60 members (about 10 who are very active) and we have a weekly semi-competitive 40mile Sunday café ride that gets anywhere from 2-12 riders every week.
I would love to get to the point where we could do things like host a sanctioned race event, get some local sponsors and all that stuff. In order to do that, I feel like we need to grow the number of riders who participate by a lot over the next few years.
I’m looking for
- Advice on how to grow a club
- Tips on keeping members engaged
- Ideas for fun things clubs can do to keep things fresh
- How to nicely deal with riders who show up but can’t hang. (This happens a lot, and most of them never return, and it’s sad.)
- What you guys all like about your clubs. And what you don’t like.
Any ideas are welcome!