Decided - after training non-stop bar illness for over a year, recently hitting 100 CTL on two occasions - that it was time for a reset. So taking 2 weeks off the bike.
So far I have…
- Eaten something for breakfast that didn’t primarily consist of oats!
- Eaten less than 3000 calories in a day!
- Bought a pair of running shoes!
- Gone for a (very gentle) run!
- Run some errands on my bike in my normal clothes and no heart rate monitor!
- Taken the train out to a village I normally ride to and walked down the hardest climb (see photo) before having ice cream and visiting a Roman villa!
- Had to remind myself occasionally that I should take a shower because I’m so used to doing it after exercise!
Anyone else (planning on) taking a break? What new delights await you?