I’m about to finish Week 2 of Sustained Power Build. The first two weeks were OK, but i’m feeling that i’m struggling perhaps TOO much to complete the Threshold workouts at the target TSS. I’m getting through them, but i’ve got to back off the intensity and go from 100% to 98%. So, kind of close, but not all the way there. The long power intervals are fine.
Question: Should i just re-do the first two weeks and get some practice at threshold at this volume before moving on to more ? I’d just add a couple weeks onto the “build” part of the plan. Or, should i stay on schedule, and keep adjusting the intensity as needed.
- 51, recreational MTB and gravel racer. Do about 6 centuries and 100 MTB races a year. Mid-pack, back of the pack MAMIL
- I wouldn’t mind at all adding a couple weeks to the Build phase
- Training for Lutsen99er and a couple 100 mile gravel races. Might do Leadville Stage Race
- Goal: Have fun, don’t crash, do a tiny bit better than last year. Winning/placing/performance rarely is even a thought.
- I’m still recovering a bit from a Total Knee Replacement