The Podcast : Is it too long?

I don’t mind the length of the podcast, or that the hosts use a lot of filler words, or even that they cover the same topics over and over (maybe consistency in messaging is as important as consistency in your training?).

The thing that has me listening less is that the thing I like most about the show isn’t there any more. For a couple hundred episodes you had the core TR guys chatting about their training or their racing. Then Amber came in as a regular last year and fit right in. The chemistry among the hosts is pretty good and they all seemed to be having a pretty good time.

Lately we’ve seen rotating hosts and (it seems) a lot more interviews. Maybe a lot of people like that, but it’s not why I listen. I’d mostly like to see the show get back to a more consistent slate of hosts. Maybe I’m being too hard on them, and the combined lack of racing and general pandemic fatigue is getting to the fine folks at TR, just like it’s getting to me. I hope things will settle down when everybody has their vaccine (and more AT bugs get worked out).

1 Like