πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ The New TrainerRoad Android App is LIVE! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

anyone having issues with their trainers recorded speed? I used to input my wheel circumference before each ride, now it seems that no matter which circumference I use my speed reads no higher than 4km/phr!

Is there any reason in particular you’re concerned with the speed? It’s not a metric of any use to the workouts themselves, and is only just capturing the flywheel speed of a direct drive trainer or the wheel speed of a wheel on. It’s a pretty meaningless statistic in the TrainerRoad environment.

3 Likes

Strava ego!

3 Likes

Run zwift at the same time and put that in strava

Nice update. Font size is a little small though, particularly the estimated completion time.

2 Likes

The β€œquick options” for devices during the workout is awesome! Makes it so much faster to deal with.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about your speed. On a trainer it’s just calculated by the speed of the freewheel. You could be in the big ring and with low resistance and low power, theoretically flying along. Or you could be in the small ring doing hard resistance/high power intervals and the speed barely gets above a theoretical 10mph. Arguably the latter is better for you but undoubtedly it’s the harder work out.

As an aside take those sessions into something like RGT or Zwift or good forbid go into the real world and you’ll see the low power session actually translates into a low virtual/real speed and the high power session the opposite (high speed) :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Pete, love the new app, BUT… When you move a workout to outdoors it no longer shows the IF!! Please fix this. I use IF a lot in my thinking when looking ahead and seeing how hard a workout is gonna be. Pleeeeeease!!!

1 Like

Love this new app. So slick! Well done TR team!

1 Like

Yep. Noticed this yesterday. The end-of-interval summary blocks out Chad’s text.

1 Like

Great, the text is far to small. Looking forward to that being increase :+1:

1 Like

I use TR on my phone and one of my initial thoughts was that the text looked a lot nicer. I didn’t notice it was smaller.

1 Like

I still often see the issue with images of completed workouts never loading, just the blurred blue/black boxes.

1 Like

Updated the app yesterday through google play.

The app is incredibly slow and unresponsive. Changing tabs takes 10 seconds, 30 second delay when starting a workout.

anyone else having this issue?

Loving the new app, but I am having some Ant+ connectivity issues with my Hammer 1. Sometimes fine, sometimes (like this morning) multiple restarts of the app and Hammer. It dropped during warm up, but then it was fine.

Phone is 2018 Samsung Galaxy A7, Android 10 (so native Ant+)

I think the Hammer is up to date firmware wise.

1 Like

Closing and reopening the app usually fixes it for me. I’m not sure what causes it, but basically resyncing the app tends to fix it.

1 Like

Yeah that works, just one of those bugs I expect to see get hammered down.

2 Likes

Yep, I struggled with this as well.

If you leave it on the calendar page for a few minutes it will eventually sync all of your past rides. After that, the app becomes much more responsive and stable in my experience. ***

I’m also getting weird β€˜speed’ data being sent to Garmin Connect, and am currently working through some suggestions from support. I know speed is irrelevant, but even so, I miss the consistency from the previous app. In all honesty, this is an irritation more than an issue.

*** edited to add/clarify, this is a one off thing when first using the app. It works fine after that.

We just a released a new version with the ability to change Workout Instruction sizes. If you have been having trouble with the current sizing, please check out the settings and see if the new sizes work for you.

Thanks for dealing with the bugs, we are are working on squashing them. :+1:

6 Likes

I’ve just updated and now when i press Shuffle on the Trainnow section the screen moves all the way up and I have to scroll down to see the recommended workouts. A new bug introduced.

@Pete

1 Like