The new calendar feature kills the current training plan?

It works if you followed everything and didn’t skip any day in the previous weeks, otherwise it won’t.
I should be doing workout A instead of workout B (that was the right one if I didn´t skip some days…)

I have a couple of problems with the new Calendar:

1. I’m someone with an erratic schedule: I don’t know when I’ll be around to do the next Workout in my plan. As such, the old TR approach of My Plan was ideal: my next planned Workout sat there waiting for me to ride it, regardless of what day that happened to be, and require no manual rescheduling or reshuffling by me. It was perfect. Now? It looks like a whole boat-load of complexity I don’t need and rescheduling hassle I didn’t have before.

I’m sure the new Calendar looks a god-send to many people, but to me, it looks like a load of extra hassle for my simple needs.

2. A more immediate problem: When I first went into my TR account online today I ran through the Calendar “intro” steps, but I didn’t realize (because I wasn’t told…) that that was the only chance I’d ever have to move my curent plant (that I’m part-way through) over to the new Calendar. I didn’t select the option at that time, because I was in a bit of a hurry, and it seems that I now have no way of migrating my current plan over to the Calendar. Also, I cannot see My Plan to even figure out where I was up to.

Why is there only one single chance to move your existing plan over to the new Calendar? If you missed taking that chance, what do you do next? My current plan has in effect disappeared from my visibility.

My view here is that TR, in its focus on delivering ever increased functionality to satisfy the cohort of users with complex requirements, has dropped the ball on meeting the simpler requirements of another cohort of customers like me. Things should be no more complex than they need be, and this has been lost sight of in my view.

9 Likes

Ah yes I see! Just looked at mine and I’m having the same issue, I hadnt noticed before!

1 Like

What on earth were they thinking? :man_facepalming:t2: and where’s the live chat?

That’s a bug! I’ve just reported it to our test team. Please send bugs like these to support@trainerroad.com. Thanks for this.

We tried to engineer something like that but there were so many edge cases that we thought it would take months to do right. I’m having a support agent reach out to you and they will manually update your calendar so it’s right.

If anyone has problems please reach out to support@trainerroad.com and they will transition for you.

You should also have received an email with instructions on how to do this.

1 Like

Go to the calendar online. Add the plan to your calendar (there is a prompt, but if you miss it then just click the add button in the lower right).

Then select the starting date that you want and the days of the week you want.

I’m having a support agent reach out to you to help you with this. Based on the feedback in this thread we’re thinking about doing this:

• Have a bigger prompt asking to transition your training plan to the calendar
  • Automatically set the start date to match your start date of your previous plan

We’ll also make sure the prompt doesn’t go away until you add a plan or say you don’t want to see it anymore.

Would that help?

2 Likes

Yes , I believe that would be better! And don’t forget to count with the skip days of the previous weeks.
Thanks.

I hear you on this. There’s a group of people who don’t want to plan, they just want to train. We’re working on features to do just that.

I just told the team to write an update so it’s easier to migrate your old plan and you see the prompt for longer.

I think you will like what we have coming out next. It’s for people who just want to be told what to do to become as fast as possible without having to think.

4 Likes

Okay, we’ve got engineers/designers working on it now. We plan on having this update out today.

3 Likes

Hi guys, bet you never expected this much of a negative reaction to the calendar feature, or maybe you did?

Some teething problems as always expected with a new feature but overall it didn’t prevent or really stop me from doing the workout I was supposed to this morning.

I’m playing around adding in my swim and run workouts…is there anyway to copy these or create standard ones so I don’t have to manually enter the entire thing in every time? With 3-4 workouts of each planned every week its means I have to manually add 6-8 workouts every week. Over 14 weeks left until my race that would take me forever

Thanks

1 Like

Amazing follow up! I’m impressed.

1 Like

I appreciate the prompt and informative reply, Nate.

I understand how tricky it can be to meet differing requirements within a user-base. The previous ‘scheduling’ approach suited one cohort; the new suits another very well indeed; I’m sure you’ll find a way to keep us all happy :slight_smile:

Best regards.

1 Like

That’s in our upcoming features, read more here: TrainerRoad Calendar has Launched! - List of upcoming features! - #2 by dr3do

3 Likes

Thanks Nate. Awesome stuff

How long until the Calendar feature is properly added to Mac? My Plan is now missing from the app, I have to go to the online page, figure out what ride I should be doing, then come back to the app and search for the ride manually. A lot less convenient for right now.

2 Likes

I know and I’m sorry. I don’t have an eta but it’s a top priority.

Ok. Is there any option to rollback a version until this is available?

No, I’m sorry :frowning:.