Tarmac SL7 Release date

Exactly my question. I’d love to get an expert and put faster bars and the enve wheels I already own. I have no problem rocking a pink bike, just I’d prefer more of a hot pink. The pics make this one seem a little too subtle. I’ll never see one in person if I don’t buy one, though.

1 Like

Been thinking about this as well. Pretty surprised actually that there hasn’t been mention of this in all the marketing materials for the new bike (maybe I missed it?).

Specialized has plenty of pro short course triathletes riding the Venge, and there are (probably) plenty of people like myself who are tired of riding TT bikes and want an aero road bike for triathlons (I had been planning on buying a Venge). So the fact that I haven’t seen anything about aerobar compatibility surprises me. I recall reading that the Venge bar would not accept normal clip-on aerobars. Anyone know if this iteration of the Aero-fly bar is different?

Currently thinking I might get the sl7 expert and upgrade the bars to something that I know will take clip-ons.

Didnt see your reply. That model and size is currently in transit to Specialized. You are a lucky man, the 56 is out till december.

We contacted the rep on July 13th for the order for a Carbon S-Works 58 cm. We have been told mid-august. Late August at the latest. This is a tier 1 shop here in Utah.

I’d say it’s worth it to buy right now if it’s a bike you really want. Just because something new comes out doesn’t automatically make your current rig useless.

Personally, I’m rockin’ a 2016 Emonda ALR with Red/Force 10 speed from 2011. The bikes a rocket and I don’t think I’d be more than a few seconds faster on this new SL6.

I love the 10 speed setup and really have no desire to upgrade it. Still bangs off shifts amazingly well and honesty compared to my 11 speed cyclocross bike and 12 speed mountain bike I can’t even tell which has more or less gears while riding them.

Despite what the media may have us believe, it also turns out that rim brakes work perfectly well and clear up to 28mm tires and if you want tubeless there’s wheelsets that are tubeless and rim brake compatible.

If it was me and I was looking for a new roadie I would probably consider dropping that kind of coin, but I’d definitely keep that bike for 10-15 years and be 100% happy with it.

4 Likes

For me not hot but I’m more in to the dark blue color.

The Juliana Quincy almost looks like an SL6/7. Rather than throw different tires on it, you could get a spare set of fast road wheels and tires. Switching takes 5 minutes.

I’ve been thinking about this route. I wouldn’t mind a new SL6 or SL7 because I’d like a disc road bike that will take ~30mm tires. I have a nice Specialized Crux disc and I just moved to an area without much easily accessible gravel. I could spend $800 on a nice, fast wheelset (45mm carbon, GP5000TL) and then that Crux would make a fine road bike.

Worst case scenario I have an extra wheelset and I could probably buy an SL6 or SL7 at discount next year after the buzz is off and the supply chain shortages due to corona sort themselves out.

Appreciate it! Just had my frame crack on my other bike and I was told my SL7 would be here early August but I wasn’t holding my breath…was hoping to break it out on my trip to SoCal next week but all good.

I can prepare on August 20!

Always nice to have a look at! Also showing cable lengths

3 Likes

Thanks for the attached user manual, just realized that even the new Tarmac SL7 user manual front page showed a pair of rapidair tubeless tires installed on the new roval rapide.

Roval really must have messed up somewhere before release and announced them as tube only instead.

2 Likes

The number of carbon bars that work with clip on aero bars is tiny. Also, no room on these bars

We have a thread covering aero clip-on extensions for aero shaped bars. There’s a number of options.

I put my order in for a SL7 Pro and the LBS told me November delivery, but sometimes they get it quicker. I guess it depends on how the shop falls in the Specialized priority list maybe?

Depends on the lbs, I ordered it a week ago and said I would get it at the end of this month.

Yep, I ordered mine on release day, just showed up in the shop today.

2 Likes

I reserved a 56cm s-works carbon/silver green on launch day with local LBS and I’m hearing it will be in on Friday. Yes, it’s way more bike than I need and I’d probably be similarly happy with one of the lower-tier models, but given I haven’t upgraded the road bike in 12 yrs I figured I’d go all-in for the next 12.

As to comment about ride quality I’ve seen, my 2 cents… I was able to take a Pro version out on a test ride at the end of last week. My point of reference is pretty skewed as I was comparing it to my current ride which is a circa 2008 cervelo R3 that can pretty much only clear 23c tires. Compared to that, the SL7 on stock 26c with pressure in the 80s rode like a cadillac from a compliance standpoint and didn’t give an inch in terms of responsiveness. I took it over some pretty rough streets and it soaked it all up in frankly shocking fashion. I’ve ridden older model Tarmac’s and can’t say I noticed it being harsher at all. But then I’m merely an “enthusiast” and weekend warrior type rider. Your mileage may vary…

7 Likes

That’s the kind of review ‘I like’ I mean whether you are a pro o a casual rider an honest review from someone who cannot really see a big difference between bikes it’s ok or that doesn’t spill the beans.

Of course you can find someone or even on the posts above that compares the bike with previous ones or check every single detail of it, but at the end of the day, at least for me, a regular review saying hey it’s a comfy bike, worth the money, you can even have it for 10years if you want to it’s ok.

Enjoy it man and share more details if you want to.

1 Like

had mine since Monday and love it

14 Likes

Do people actually like the yellow side walls of the tires? Am I the only one that thinks it would look a lot nicer with solid black tires?

7 Likes

Beautiful bike but i think you mounted your varia upside down :laughing:

3 Likes