I’ve just found this website strautomator.com, which solves quite a few of my issues with Strava, and wanted to share:
Examples of rules I’ve set:
- Change indoor rides gear to my indoor bike
- Change MTB rides to my mountain bike
- Change other bikes
- Only show rides / training above certain distance or time
It’s very easy to use and test (e.g. it shows what changed on what activities)
FAQ is good too:
What exactly can I do with Strautomator?
You can automatically mute, update the name, description, gear, commute flag and some other details of your Strava activities, based on your own automation recipes. Each recipe can have multiple conditions, for example distance, average or max speed, power, moving time, start and end location, day of week, weather, GPS device used… and so on.
- Mute activities with less than 10km
- Mark rides as commute if going from point A to point B
- Mark runs as commute if recorded with a specific GPS device
- Set activity names with distance, power, weather and more
- Set the correct bike based on average speed
- Add weather details to the activity name
- Alert me when my road bike chain reaches 4000km
- Alert me when my MTB suspension reaches 200 hours of use
- Auto update my FTP every week
You can also track the distance and hours of use for different components of your bikes and shoes with the GearWear feature. And finally, have your activities and upcoming club events shown on your own Google / Microsoft / Apple / favourite calendar, view your upcoming club events and routes directly on a map, and auto estimate and update your cycling FTP on Strava.
You don’t need to open account, it signs up with Strava.
It’s even open source and you can install it yourself!