SRM X-Pedal Power Meter, MTB SPD

On a tangential note: Which CX shoes do you have, if you don’t mind my asking?

Totally agree. Someone recently told me that I should buy a used wired SRM for my CX bike because it is the ‘gold standard’. I had to stifle my laughter.

1 Like

Shimano XC90. It’s the older version, I believe that line is Sphyre now. It was their top of the line XC shoe a few years ago, perfect for CX.

1 Like

Had anyone heard anything new about when these are going to hit the market?

I wonder if they’ll be an update at the Sea Otter Classic as that’s the first big bike show I can think of which is in April…just a guess though.

Forgive me, but a pedal-based MTB power meter sounds like burning cash to me.

I guess they’d be OK for CX, gravel, and maybe desert or tundra riding. But as an east coast and Ozark-mtn mountain biker, I’d give myself 2-3 rides before I broke them on a rock!

I am planning to use them for gravel and road. I won’t be using them when hitting the trails of Utah.

We’ll see it before then.

4 Likes

From the man in the know, thanks Ray.

1 Like

SPD’s are bloody strong, well the Shimano ones are and I certainly hope the SRM system is up to the same standard. I’m interested to know how they handle rock strikes and does that result in a power spike.

I doubt it would result in a power spike because power is torque + rotation. When you hit a rock you stop rotating.

1 Like

There are now available for pre-order: https://www.ridesrm.com/x-power. They go on sale 4/20.

They look really nice but I’m still happy with my Assioma SPD conversion, will be curious to see how well these end up doing.

2 Likes

My guess they will be $1200 or more

Actually they will be 999 Euros = $1086 USD

1 Like

This is the route I think I am going to go. SRM has been far too slow in roll out.

1 Like

I’m really excited about these, but $1000 is pretty steep.

1 Like

Just got an email notification that they are available from Monday 20th April

1 Like

Has anyone received a pair yet?

AFAIK, they are still not available. Both sites below say to sign up for notification.

http://www.srm.de/product/x-power/

Roger that. I’m guessing they fell victim to the supply chain meltdown.