SRAM Force AXS HRD shifter battery drain

Hi all,

My left shifter is draining the coin battery in 7-14 days. I’ve tried multiple batteries from multiple brands with the same result. Almost all of my riding has been on the trainer in erg mode so no shifting. App says firmware is up to date (2.7.4 for derailleur and 2.7.3 for shifter).

I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

Contact SRAM, that is definitely not normal. I have two plus years on my original Red AXS batteries and the app still shows green for both.

3 Likes

I have a 6 months old Canyon Aeroad SLX with SRAM ETAP and have changed the shifter batteries 3 times. Almost to the day the shifters both stop working after 2 months and 20 hours normal training rides in 75deg dry weather. The dr rechargeable batteries work great, hold charge and last a while. Is this normal as these smal cell batteries are a pain in the ass to change at the start of a ride so often.

No, it’s not normal. The shifter batteries should last years. Making sure the firmware is up to date is really the only thing to try as far as I know. If you have your proof of purchase, I’ve heard SRAM is good about replacing items like this, assuming they have the stock. It’s annoying for sure.

Justin Jeffers
Justinjeffers@gmail.com

I have the same issue. According to my LBS the issue is that sweat corroded the contacts to the motion sensor. They tried to fix it (free of charge) using SRAM’s instructions. But it persisted, so I am getting a free pair of Force eTap shifters now.

(I have had problems with sweat corrosion before: my Shimano RS505/105-equivalent shifters were rusted “in place”. Fortunately, my LBS was able to fix them.)

Definitely not normal. I’m using an early set of Red AXS shifters and got 2 1/2 years out of the original pair of batteries. The only problem is they go with almost no warning. The app showed them as green before I got a critical warning on my head unit and the left shifter was dead two shifts later. Nearly a year on the replacement batteries without fault so far. Will use 18-20 months as a replacement interval going forward.

Just one more thing: if your LBS doesn’t believe you, have a look at the SRAM eTap app on your phone. I noticed I had >450 “rides” with very odd data (e. g. duration 15 minutes, etc.). I think this is from when the faulty motion sensor falsely told my bike that it was moving even though it was resting on my trainer.

bateria axs.pdf (573.6 KB)

Hello friends, i had the same issue, hope you fixed yours, mine i contacted Sram Support and they send me this instruction witch solve my problem. Take care.

2 Likes

Do you often have your bike on a bike rack by any chance? It’s motion activated. Seen plenty of people drive to races and events thinking they were fully charged only to be holding on for dear life