SRAM Eagle and DUB Compatability for MTB Newb

this is fantastic response thank you !!

i will test the 30t for a few rides …

my BB is DUB so i should be able run this if i am understanding correctly :slight_smile:

thanks Chad - yes this was my understanding …

1 Like

3-bolt are legacy (pre-2016??) units.
8-bolt are newer units. You’ve got an 8bolt. The Quarq PMs don’t really work on the other interface, but the P2M and DM rings do.

If p2m only goes to 32, I doubt you’d find a quarq that does it any different. The problem is likely battery clearance. Quarq SRAM XX1 Eagle DUB Power Meter Crankset - Power Meter City “The Quarq SRAM X-SYNC 2 12-Speed Chainring is not offered in a 30T. Therefore, for 30T applications, we ship a Wolf Tooth Components 1x 104 BCD MTB Chainring.”
Looks like it gets ring specific. The 30-32 difference is about 6.5% - that probably doesn’t make too big of difference in 32-52 as you’re walking anyway.

Here’s a WT ring with a notch for the battery - https://www.bike24.com/p2143950.html

1 Like

I can see that. I have to do all my workouts uphill or into the wind, which is easy in my area.

That is on any of my bikes though. I mostly use my road bike for workouts, but currently using my gravel bike. Occasionally I will even use my trail bike.

would anyone mind clarifying that the link here or similar is correct - thanks for all your input really interesting stuff!

as i understand it i need a new crank with my DUB, not just a new ring?

• I am confused. What do you mean “with my DUB”?
  • DUB is the basic “standard” that defines the crank spindle diameter and width between the arms for install. It’s is not so much a “thing” you get, but it is a “standard” for the crank and BB that fits it.
  1. If all you want to do is get a regular chainring in a taller size (32t or 34t) than stock (30t), any of the Direct Mount (DM) chainrings will work with your stock Truvativ Stylo 6 (just make sure to get the “Boost” offset version).

2. If you are talking about a power meter, you need to clarify Quarq DZero vs Power2Max.

• Quarq DZero will need the X01 or higher crankset from SRAM (with the 8 screw mounts), not the NX crankset you linked.

• Power2Max can work with nearly every other SRAM crank, including the Truvativ Stylo 6 on your current build.

1 Like

apologies:

i meant with my DUB - BB

1. thanks for clarifying - Boost offset is what i was missing in my understanding

2. PM - is an afterthought just wanted to make sure get thinking ahead - and yes i fully get the sram vs p2max discussions on this thread :slight_smile:
    will start digging for a direct mount boost offset eagle 32t or 34t now

1 Like

That crankset, the NX Eagle one, is the exact same part as the Trutiv one your bike cam with except it has a 3-bolt spider interface. The P2M has a universal fit SRAM mount, so you can use it on the 3-bolt.

If you used a Quarq, you’d need the NX or better crank.