Some chinese company trying to sell IQ2 power meters for $25

https://noalsolea.store/products/cycling-power-meter-at-a-breakthrough-price?fbclid=IwAR0uRghlKr4KrB_hdslkuRgOQzyFtoL6a7iGAnjoFLfTVqzsf_L_0WKAWh8

1 Like

This has to be a scam.

2 Likes

ok so who’s gonna be the test dummy?

1 Like

Edited - quick google and its all a Scam

Well I won’t say im a dummy,
but i said why not… 25$ thats like 3 Starbucks
kind of want to test them out.
Its backed by PayPal. I have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center. Just like Ebay, they refund you the money if the seller doesn’t hold up to their end of the bargain.
I will let you know…

Rob, I read the same comments on FB, but I tried to fact check and couldn’t find anything definitive.

The dice are rolled…:wink:

4 Likes

No googling here, but I remember DCRainmaker following IQ2 development. His latest IQ2 article stated that they were changing their strategy and planning to make a pedal-based power meter. So it looks like someone is trying to dump the previous devices that they were unable to get to work consistently.

2 Likes

I think you’re onto something. Companies often dump inventory and otherwise crappy failed products into the Chinese market as discounted items - often sometimes re-branded. Someday there’s some funny stories to be had here to tell. Maybe in a decade or two.

In the meantime, this is almost worth $25 for fun.

1 Like

IQ2 sent out an email disclaiming this as a scam, its on their IG too.

Ok, I’m game. $25 for science. Ordered (using PayPal).

What’s the over/under on this being dumped inventory?

6 Likes

If you are lucky you might get it in 3 months, if at all. They will ship it in about 3 weeks on a literal slow boat from China…

1 Like

Just check whether your Paypal is linked to your account or to your card. It can make a significant difference as to how long it takes to get the money back in your account. Good luck!

Looks like the shop has been shut down.

Has anyone who ordered it, received it?

You guys really shouldn’t feed the Trolls…Annotation

“Our original product has NOT yet been shipped and we will tell you when it is about to. No changes since our penultimate update. The iQsquare web shop is the only place where you can pre-order the iQsquare pedal power meter.”

1 Like

Hmm, sounds like they might have been dumping product in China alright, and that it was never meant to be offered outside of that country. It would be interesting to see what anyone on TR in China receives.

It is a Chinese scam. They will send you a non functioning caidance sensor in padded envelope from China. You make a claim with Paypal to get $$ back. Paypal will tell you to send it back to china with tracking number, which cost $41. You get back in reality $7,

Did you have to send it back? Paypal makes me to send it back to china with tracking. which cost $41

Can you tell me your paypal address if you would not mind? They do not want to refund me until I send the wrong garbage to China with tracking, costing $41

2 Likes

Hi,
So I ordered one & received a round speed sensor , not what I ordered .
Have contested this with paypal & requested a refund. Awaited a response. Cheers, Rolan

That’s logical, I would try it tho.