So close to getting all Zwift Route Badges

I honestly hadn’t thought of doing this for badge completion, but ended up trying it on a long route over a Tues-Weds workout and got the badge!

Like most of you, Zwift is for fun and riding towards some sort of virtual achievement somehow keeps me engaged day after day. I rarely use any other form of entertainment. The eyes and brain just toggle between the blue blocks of TR and the virtual world of Zwift. I think I’ll play music during my next TTE/FTP test to eek a few more minutes out of my test!

Also, @cali, what was your avg w/kg up Ven Top to do in 2 hours? I’m trying to see if I can squeeze that route into one workout as well.

1 Like

This got me Ven Top: (Juneau -1). Riding at 155lbs in Zwift although I’m more like 160 right now.

1 Like

Tron for flat and down hill sections and then quick switch to Emonda with Millstein for the hill. Not sure it will make a huge difference but maybe.

1 Like

I think you would probably lose more time from having to come to a stop to change the bike over than you would gain from having the lighter weight bike for the climb - at the pace I will be doing it for the full PRL its still only just over 8 minutes for the climb.

3 Likes

Well now the new Canyon Aeroroad 2021 is the answer to almost every “which bike” question in Zwift since it is the fastest climber and one of the top 5 fastest on the flats.

3 Likes

wow, I wonder if its real world performance is that good?

No, not a chance, it will be on par with the rest of the bikes.

I do wonder how Zwift comes to these conclusions though as it will only be a matter of time before the manufactures step in and have their say.

Completed my badge quest this morning. Took 6 months and concluded with the Uber pretzel. I can confirm the badge is working again.

7 Likes

I had the most Zwift experience going for the PRL Full badge: was cancelling my membership, and it showed it would expire on October 5. I decide to go for the PRL Full badge on the last day - October 4. Do 2 hours before work, an hour over lunch, and the rest after work. With about an hour left to go in the ride and several hours before midnight, get the full-screen “YOUR MEMBERSHIP HAS EXPIRED” message, and I could “PAY NOW”, or “NOT NOW”. I grudgingly pay up even though it’s not yet October 5 (in my timezone), which kicks you out to a web browser, then alt-tab back into Zwift which is still showing the same screen. Click PAY NOW again, kicks you out to a browser which shows I’m subscribed. Only choice to go on is to click NOT NOW. Well, this seems to set the flag on their end where your drops stop accumulating and the ride no longer counts. I rode the final hour, did the mileage and the course and of course didn’t get the route badge, the imperial century badge or the 30+ ride-on badge.

Very Zwift.

I have a few route badges left and knock out at least one per day, and will be cancelling after this month.

4 Likes

You know you did it, well done.

Zwift is the fling on the side. You know you should give it up, costs you money, ruins your energy levels for the real thing, a total distraction of eye candy, but totally lacking in substance.

3 Likes

Whew. Finished the PRL Full, the only route badge I had remaining, this morning. I’ve had my internet go out on a number of the longer routes just as I was saving and closing the app. Ended up having to redo a number of them to get the credit. Fortunately, no problems today. I honestly don’t know that I would have re-ridden the PRL Full had it happened today. It was pretty monotonous riding the same lap over and over.

7 Likes

Nice job!!

Would be nice if they changed it now, but the reason for the bland course rolls back to the limited roads they had when London was originally introduced. It only featured Box and Fox hills, with none of the extra stuff we have now.

2 Likes

The route is supposed to mimic the final part of the road race course for the 2012 Olympics in London. The riders hit that climb 6 times or something like that, hence the number of repeats.

3 Likes

I think it’d be really cool to ride in England, including around London, IRL. But I don’t think they did that great a job on that world in Zwift, I feel the same about NYC.

For example, the way they introduced France where they took a few different places and made something out of them is an improvement imho. Take advantage of being in a video game world (maybe not with glass sky highways…) and do some things you just can’t do in the real world. Ride around London and then out along the coast somewhere, or in NYC try leaving the park for a start. I’ll admit I loathe the New York world most of all.

2 Likes

Same. I never ride Richmond or NYC at all now, but I should do Richmond… it’s not bad. London is “meh” but I like the Surrey Hills. France is OK with Paris being kinda cool and good for racing. My favorite “real” world is Innsbruck by far.

2 Likes

Agreed, New York is the least interesting. I got all the badges there by doing TR workouts at the same time so I’m more focused on the workout then what’s happening on Zwift.

3 Likes

My goal until December will also be completing all the route badges, but I have like 25 badges to go and the PRL Full, Mega and Über Pretzel are still in there.
Your story about the PRL Full frightens me :sweat:
I did the PRL Half last week, so „only“ 4 loops, instead of 11 (!!!) in the full version, and it took me almost 2 hours. Damn, really don‘t want this to crash. I‘ll leave that beast for last, and do Mega Pretzel tomorrow and Four Horseman next week, so I don‘t have so many big ones ahead of me anymore…

3 Likes

One down, three to go.

4 Likes

I’ve got the two Paris courses and the PRL Full to finish and then I’ve ridden them all. Paris will be easy, but the PRL is going to take a tad longer.

2 Likes