Shaving too high

I tried the back, which is “light” hair and my back had the same reaction. My legs don’t have that reaction.

I have so much hair on my legs I really don’t want to try… anyway, I never really got into the shaving thing.

1 Like

I first shaved the legs for mountain bike racing in the late 80s. I liked to ride at the hottest time of day and when I looked down at my legs while chugging up a climb and pouring water on my thighs, I looked at the hair and thought, “hair is an insulator…” Shaved the next day and was happier for it. Of course the other benefits apply.

1 Like

I am also fairly well carpeted (not quite Chewbacca levels but decently thick hair) and I find it to be worthwhile. Although it is much more expensive than shaving especially if you go regularly. The key is to trim the hair somewhat beforehand if you have thicker hair since the wax won’t work as well and will be a less pleasant experience otherwise. I believe 1/4 in hair length is the recommendation but don’t quote me on that. A good waxing place will run you through all that before you show up for the appointment. Also exfoliating for a few days before (and after) helps a lot.

I shave everything except my head once a week and don’t suffer any irritation. For me, DE safety razor with regular soap works, with lotion afterwards. Also, I rarely use “chamois cream”, and when I do it’s a small dab of hand cream.

It’s all very individual what works, against the grain or not etc. I’m not very hairy and even shaved sit bones work.

It took some experimenting to find what works for me…