Setting a rest week when creating a plan

Hi

Is it possible to pick when to have a rest week when creating a plan? I do 1 week in 4 on call so I would like the rest week to be during my on call week but when trying to set up a sweet spot plan it is coming up with 4 week blocks. And if I can change it will the workouts change to make up for the shorter block?

With a little bit of work you can do this. Unlike arranging workouts on specific days within a week, Plan Builder doesn’t have a feature to let you reconfigure the weeks directly. I would lay out the default plans you want and then in Calendar move the weeks around to suit your calendar.

The default SSB would go from:
Week 1 - SSB 1 Ramp Test
Week 2 - SSB 1 Work
Week 3 - SSB 1 Work
Week 4 - SSB 1 Work
Week 5 - SSB 1 Work
Week 6 - SSB 1 Rest
Week 7 - SSB 2 Ramp Test
Week 8 - SSB 2 Work
Week 9 - SSB 2 Work
Week 10 - SSB 2 Work
Week 11 - SSB 2 Work
Week 12 - SSB 2 Rest
Week 13 - Build Ramp Test
Week 14 - Build Work

To:
Week 1 - SSB 1 Ramp Test
Week 2 - SSB 1 Work
Week 3 - SSB 1 Work
Week 4 - SSB 1 Rest
Week 5 - SSB 1 Work
Week 6 - SSB 1 Work
Week 7 - SSB 2 Ramp Test
Week 8 - SSB 2 Rest
Week 9 - SSB 2 Work
Week 10 - SSB 2 Work
Week 11 - SSB 2 Work
Week 12 - SSB 2 Rest
Week 13 - SSB 2 Work
Week 14 - Build Ramp Test

It’s a little bit of fiddling with the plan, but won’t affect your training benefit. Just keep adding plans to this schedule and force/add the rest weeks where you want them.

1 Like

I think @mcneese.chad has adapted SSB1 & 2 to a 3 work to 1 rest plan. You might be able to adopt the progression to suit yourself. I don’t think it’ll work with AT though.

2 Likes

Here are my alternates and the way to apply them to the calendar. Sadly, they don’t work with the Plan Builder setup, so you have to do them the old way.

2 Likes