RIP Paul Sherwen

3 Likes

Oh my god, this is terrible. I’ve been listening to Paul and Phil since I was a kid. This is truly sad.

1 Like

What a shock. Very sad news. 62 is so young.

2 Likes

That is so sad to hear. Shocking to hear really. He will be missed.

1 Like

Oh, what a loss. Very sad news.

1 Like

Very sad news. An extremely talented broadcaster who brought the tour to life for me.

Best to his friends and family at this time.

1 Like

So sad. To a generation of viewers (myself included) Paul and Phil are the voices of Pro Cycling. I’ll miss spending many hours with him in July.

1 Like

Wow. A couple of years ago, he didn’t look good for some reason but turned it around and looked better. 62 is way too young.

1 Like

Such sad news, I had no idea. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

That is really sad news. I’ve been following pro cycling for only a few years, but his voice was already synonymous with the Tour and July.

1 Like

Legend. Defined the tour de france for me for sooo many years!

1 Like

RIP Paul. Such a great guy. You will be missed.

1 Like

So sad, 62 is so young!

2 Likes

Very sad :disappointed:

1 Like

So sad. I learned a lot about cycling from Paul and Phil.

1 Like

Sad news - Liggett and Sherwin was an iconic pairing

I bet not many knew he owned a gold mine in Uganda

1 Like

This is very difficult news to take. Paul was such an icon and good person.

1 Like

I’m not often stunned by these things…but this was a big one. Being an American my mid 40s and getting into the sport, as a kid, since about 86…I literally have not known cycling without Phil and Paul’s voices…

2 Likes

I actually wonder if Phil will call it quits?

Quite the deal to lose a partner like that after over 30 years together.
Hard to picture (and hear) him with another voice.

1 Like

the Vuelta coverage this year on NBC Sports was Phil Liggett and Bob Roll. The first day or two it was a little weird hearing an American voice instead of Paul, but then I didn’t notice as Phil does most of the commentating.

2 Likes