RESULTS of the Worldwide Disaster 2019 User Survey

Congratulations to all TrainerRoad users who participated in the 2019 Worldwide Disaster! Regardless of which version of Disaster you completed, what you did is an amazing accomplishment! We would love to get your feedback on this year’s event so that we can make it even better next year. Please answer the following questions. Your individual information will remain confidential. We will only provide summary information for the benefit of all TR community members. Thank You!

SURVEY RESULTS . . .

8 Likes

Done! Thanks for organising!

2 Likes

Done

2 Likes

Done

2 Likes

Done the survey. About the question number of bottles of water the answer depends on the size of the bottle no? I use 1.5liter botlle so only one and a quarter on - 2 version. But I replied 4 on the survey because I thought that half a litre bottles are more common. Should be specified or quantified by amount of water and not by number of bottles.

3 Likes

Done.

1 Like

It’s a very valid point that makes the resulting data a bit inaccurate. But perhaps the largest source of inaccuracy is due to the fact that the question applies to all users regardless of which version of Disaster they have done (i.e. from 2hrs 15 mins to 4hrs 15mins). There are actually a couple/few other smaller sources of inaccuracy as well.

I have thought about all/most of these issues and decided, at least at this point, it wasn’t worth the additional effort, whether on the part of the survey respondent needing to answer a lengthier survey, nor on the post processing effort (i.e me :slight_smile: ) to gain improved accuracy as users will mostly use their own experience for nutrition decisions and generally refer to what others have done as input. However, based on feedback, the survey can always be improved. Thanks for the comment!

3 Likes

Done and thanks

2 Likes

Question 1 asks what version of the workout was done. I’m guessing it wouldn’t be rocket science to isolate the responses about hydration with the version of the workout? Just a thought.

Anyway, kudos not only to those who took part, but also to you and the others that made the extra effort on the organizational front :beers:

2 Likes

Yes, your suggestion could be implemented! However, what you would have is lengthier survey results (e.g. 3 separate sections for each of the liquid and other nutrition responses). Even if you were to use that approach just on a single item, such as plain water or fuel-based bottles, you would also need additional information, such as size of bottles (as @SSaldanha mentions), did the user finish all bottles, etc. if the ultimate goal is some calculation such ounces/liters consumption per hour.

Overall, I think your input is good “food (liquid ? :slight_smile: ) for thought” for next year’s event and we appreciate your additional comments as well.

2 Likes

Done.

2 Likes

55 respondents so far to the Disaster survey!

To those who have completed the survey, thank you!

To those who have not, please fill it out in the next 24 hours so that everyone can benefit from your experience.

Subsequent to this time period, I will gather the results to share will all. Thanks!

3 Likes

Worldwide Disaster 2019 - User Survey Results

Thank you to all 67 respondents of WW Disaster survey! Lots of great information! Enjoy reading!

4 Likes

Some of those responses are great… was laughing out load at ‘Manly Breakfast’

Kudos again to all who organized and participated

4 Likes

Entertainment…Two year old and Peppa the Pig.

3 Likes

One thing that was not included in the survey that people may find interesting is the location of the participants and their version of Disaster. I’ll start: Lorette, Manitoba, Canada, Disaster -1.

Was that ‘Manly’ as in ‘appropriate to a man’ or ‘Manly’ as eaten on the foreshore in a trendy cafe just north of Sydney?

No idea, but I laughed all the same