RESOLVED - Mac Mini, Monterey, Bluetooth refusing to enable

Checked, and checked.

Of course, but I can’t deny the possibility that someone who has faced this issue might have the solution. I haven’t heard from TR support yet, so just trying to get to a good place and get this solved.

Nope. Didn’t work.

did you clean-up all the TR configs and stored data under the Library directory in your home account? If not, and that’s not easy for you to do, another quick-and-dirty test is to create a test user and try using TR under that account.

1 Like

SOLVED (So far)

What worked?

This:

Uninstall TrainerRoad

1. In Finder, go to your Applications Folder
  2. In the program list, find the TrainerRoad App and right-click > Move to Trash

Clear App Data

Clearing Local App Data

1. Enter the spotlight search, and type “~/library.”
  2. Open up the “Application Support” folder.
  3. Inside Application Support, you’ll find a folder marked “TrainerRoad.” Delete this folder.

Clearing Saved State

1. Navigate back to the Library.
  2. Open the folder called “saved application state.”
  3. Delete the folder named com.TrainerRoad.Mac.savedState
  4. Empty the Trash bin

It took TR a bit to reload all the goodies, but Bluetooth, and ANT+ too are available and ready to roll.

Commence the pain!!!

(Posted this in case anyone else has this problem and could benefit from these instructions. Ride on!)

3 Likes

that’s what I’m talking about! (sorry my earlier instructions were too geeky)

Not ‘too geeky’ at all. I knew what you were talking about, I just ran into the ‘macOS hides everything’, and just got lazy with Zwifting and playing with FulGaz. This issue was a problem, but on a scale that was easy to ignore. (I was a programmer for decades, and used to chuckle at my uni prof’s statement that ‘programmers are lazy’, and that is somewhat true. TR ‘was working’, if the wife didn’t use the microwave)

1 Like

Thank you for posting. I was having the same issue and deleting trainerroad files in Library solved it for me (and resinstalling Trainerroad).

1 Like

Uninstalling and reinstalling is my goto for any serious issues with either TrainerRoad, or Zwift. And don’t let people fool you, reinstalling the OS hasn’t done much to fix issues, but it’s on the ‘standard support script’. (It could fix some issues, but a complete uninstall/reinstall will do more, plus, unless that system is used just for riding those apps, a reinstall is a really big issue. Backup, then backup the backups, then the reinstall of the apps, and it is a HUGE time sink)

BTW: The rest of the story with my Mac Mini is that it was taken into Apple for a different issue (video crashes) and they found that there was a processor heatsink issue. The mainboard was swapped, and I’m hoping the gremlins hammering Bluetooth have been expelled.