Ramp test again?

Hi Guys,
I’ve just started on a trainer road plan, sadly during my 2nd week I have to go away for business, and TR has adapted my plan which is really cool, but it seems to have put in another ramp test for when I restart. Is that right? I only did one a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks

Paul

Out of curiosity, is AI FTP available to you, or do you not have enough historical rides in yet? If it is and 14 days passed from your old ramp test, I’d just use the AI FTP button. If you accept the new FTP, it will replace the ramp test with another one.

To the extent that it is not available, I’d personally not do a ramp test. I’d replace it with a TrainNow workout at the FTP you initially got. If you answer the survey the plan should adapt.

However, that’s just my opinion on things, I’m sure others with more experience will chime in and give you their thoughts.

1 Like

The app doesn’t say that AI FTP is available and I’ve no other sessions planned on the bike before then so don’t see it changing.

I don’t want to disrupt the ‘plan’ so may just do the ramp again, I thought it was under where I’d usually put myself, so maybe it could make sense. There must be a reason the system has given me another one to do

Whenever in doubt, an email to support@trainerroad.com is usually a good idea.

1 Like

Asking since you said you’re new to TR. Do you know how to get to AI FTP? 🎉🎉🎉 Introducing AI FTP Detection 🎉🎉🎉

1 Like

I’ll drop them an email now. Cheers

Yep… I’m a signed up to it

1 Like

I missed a few days for a work trip on week 3, TR served up a ramp test the following week. My advice, just do it. Add 45 minutes of zone 2 after to get a longer ride out it.

I agree, just curious as to why they add it in so soon, I’m trying to follow all the adaptations to make sure I get the full TR effect