Progression levels not respecting real effort

Correct, the trainer mode itself is not a factor. The only one that matters is how closely you followed the power targets.

As to survey responses, my guide can help some users make a better selection. I made it based upon info shared by Ivy.

5 Likes

The way i understand, it does not matter that much how you mark it. As long you finish it, progression levels will increase to that workout’s level. And AT will suggest you workouts with that new level.

1 Like

If AT is not recognising your not doing the recoveries, could you choose another workout similar like Eichorn which has no rest in each 20 minute interval?

1 Like

Yes, of course i can. That’s what i will be doing in the future.

In resistance mode you can exceed the target but in ERG mode you can’t significantly and just spin out (well you do on my trainer). When I went significantly over target before the survey was even completed the system gave me adaptations. I forget who confirmed it, it might have TR support, but they confirmed that the performance against the target also identified adaptations and not just the survey.

I’m almost positive this is incorrect. I’d be happy to be proven wrong though.

1 Like

It was @SeanHurley Riding above the planned power with adaptive training - #5 by SeanHurley

I agree - if I was csan i would have coded the workout easy or moderate - since it was “easier” to achieve the workout without the prescribed breaks

AT would then make future workouts harder

2 Likes

This is the way to go. Currently AT will not give you extra credit for anything over and above the plan workout.

1 Like

@SeanHurley of TR support indicates it can Riding above the planned power with adaptive training - #5 by SeanHurley

1 Like

I meant it won’t increase your career PL any further than the PL from the completed workout.

Sounds from Sean’s post that it will give you bigger adaptstions for your future workouts though, which is good!

3 Likes

Regarding survey responses during SSBHV 1 & 2 so far this is what I’ve noticed. If I mark a SS workout “Moderate” or “Hard” future workouts adjust accordingly to my current SS progression level and ramp rate. Basically I’m doing what AT expects. If I mark a SS workout “Easy”, my future workouts adapt significantly and jump to 1.0+ in workout level progression difficulty. Conversely, if I mark a SS workout as “Very Hard”, my future SS workouts get easier than the previously scheduled ramp rate.

4 Likes

This is what I was trying to tell him too. I hope he’s seeing these, because it would solve his problem.

2 Likes

Generally if you should perform a workout as intended and answer the post workout survey as accurately (and consistently) as you can. AT isn’t just about improving, it’s about improving whilst preventing burn out so don’t just look at a workout in isolation, there’s workouts two, three months down the line to deal with so there’s no point in beasting yourself all the time. TR have mentioned that they see improved compliance and completion of workouts using AT, not sure what the actual change is, hitting all your workouts is better than overreaching on some and skipping others.

Do the workout as prescribed, say it’s “easy” or “moderate”, AT should pick up on this and offer adaptations to push you.

I did Brian Head today, marked it hard according to Chad’s chart above. I got one adaptation where AT reined in a threshold workout about three weeks ahead. It might change again, it might not.

1 Like

I am :slight_smile:
So far, i was marking the workout mostly as hard as a all around feeling. Not marking using that chart’s structure.

Most workouts feel hard, because i do the entire workouts seated and my perinium is suffering a lot. I am a male, but my saddle is a version for females. Bought it because the hole is closer to the beak, even so, not enough for my perinium. The male version of it has the hole further back! NO way it matches the right place. Gotta get another one!

Yes, i usually choose an 15 minute longer alternative workout, because i know i can.

OK, didn’t know AT was sensitive to this. I thought it was accounting if the workout was sucessfully done or not and the heart rate for the respective power zones compared to previous workouts.

1 Like

We have seen similar comments from other riders. IMO, saddle comfort should not be a factor in setting survey responses.

TR is NOT using AT to deal with our “comfort”, it is looking at fitness and our actual physical performance with respect to the survey responses.

As I said in the other discussion, saddle comfort should be addressed as a separate issue and in the ideal case, be eliminated entirely from the survey relation.

I will add a link to my saddle pain thread in case you haven’t seen it ot the related suggestions.

4 Likes

At this time, TR is only looking at 2 factors.

1. How well you followed the power targets for the workout. Close adherence is a ‘Pass’. Excessive deviation below targets is a 'Struggle, and you will get a different survey if TR sees that.

2. Your survey responses. AT has a basic expectation about how hard a workout should be for you on any day. That Achievable, Productive, Stretch, etc. rating is that expectation. If you mark an Achievable or Productive workout as Hard or Worse, it may stall out or reduce future workout progression.

Heart rate is ignored right now AFAIK.

2 Likes

@SeanHurley mentioned this briefly in a post as well…some more detail in this post…

2 Likes

Agreed with @mcneese.chad here. TR isn’t thinking about our sit bones when they recommend rides. Chad, this sounds like a good time to post your latest Survey spreadsheet.

3 Likes