Post ride smoothie

Thought I’d share one of my favorite post-intense interval session with you guys:

1. 1/2 c milk
  2. 1/2 c orange juice
  3. Handful of frozen strawberries
  4. Banana
  5. Blend and enjoy

looks like a tasty smoothie. However, it looks to be lacking in protein. The recipe brings 74 grams of carbs but only 7g of protein. I would try to keep the ratio closer to 3:1 or 4:1. If you are not lactose intolerant, a cup of whole milk isn’t too high in calories, but has a 4:1 ratio suggested. Vanilla Soymilk or Lactose-free milk bring the same carb:protein ratio.

Thanks for sharing your recipe.

3 Likes

Add in 2 spoons of peanut butter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I replace the orange juice by more milk (or soy milk, or lactose-free milk) - and add in a healthy wollop of raw oats and nuts. More protein, slower carbs.

Steph has some cracking real food ideas. This is one option that I use often.

Thanks! Sounds delicious. Mine is Skratch Labs Endurance Recovery Mix, water, crushed ice, a banana, and blueberries. Sometimes with a raw egg. Then have a nice O’Doul’s for fluid replacement and phenols without the diuretic effects of alcohol.

Here is my postworkout secret, no longer secret, smoothie recipe:

1. 1 cup of frozen berry mix (Strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, raspeberry)
  2. 1 Scoop of whey isolate
  3. 1 tablespoon of greek yogourt
  4. 1 banana (It makes a huge difference in the taste)
  5. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
  6. Almond milk (unsweetened)
  7. 1 table spoon of maple syrup

Voilà!

1 Like

What do you think it is possible to use milk powder?

It is also interesting to add ice and coffee. I think if you use a blender like this . I can make the drink colder and more saturated.

A very easy to make banana protein smoothie.
1 banana
8 oz of coconut water
Scoop of whey protein
About 6 ice cubes
Just bled and your good to go. I have added blueberries or strawberries as well. You could add more bananas if you’d like or anything else for that matter. I have even added spinach into the mix. It’s all up to you. Super easy.

new favorite is:
frozen pineapple
dark cherries
science in sport chocolate protein powder
blueberry non-dairy yogurt

My Favourite Smoothie recipe - Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
7 Strawberries
1 Banana
½ cup of Oats
½ cup of Coconut Milk
1 cup of Water
1 tbsp Coconut Oil