New to the game

I have been doing TR for week now and have been really enjoying the variety of workouts. I feel better on the bike already. Last night I did the Pettit workout, while I was reading the instructions that pop up it said to throw in some form drills like form sprints, speed endurance intervals or quadrant drills. I have tried to find some clarifications as to what I am exactly supposed to be doing here but am still a little unsure.

Could anyone please help explain these to me it point me to a good guide so I can add then next time

Many thanks

1 Like

Here is some preliminary info:

I know they have addressed this on some podcasts, and will try to find a link.

2 Likes

In general what you’re supposed to do for the drills are described in the workout text. All drills are optional, so if it’s not clear, or you missed some text or you just don’t feel like it, it’s ok to just not do it your training won’t be compromised. As you get more workouts under your belt, you’ll see the same drills explained many times in slightly different ways and it’ll become second nature.

If you’re not comfortable with this, you can:
a) Ask the forum for guidance on a particular drill, we’ll help!
b) After the ride load up the workout in the custom workout creator and read the text comments over again. This isn’t the easiest thing to do, but it is the only way to do it.
c) Have a search on Soundcloud for the back catalog of Ask A Cycling Coach. Most drills have been discussed and described there a few times to give good information about what to do and why you should do it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies I will check SoundCloud and the links