🎉🎉🎉 New Early Access Feature: Import and Analyze Runs in TrainerRoad! 🎉🎉🎉

Ok thanks and will record as running.

I just followed the instructions to link my Garmin connect account as well as Strava as per the top of this thread to TR…then they just magically appeared - firstly just a few months…now all of them as I scrolled back through my calendar. I didn’t do anything else.

1 Like

OH!
you just connected your Garmin connect…
interesting… maybe i need to disconnect and connect Garmin back

2 Likes

I just downloaded my running fit files from Garmin Connect for the last couple of months and then pointed the import at the folder they were in.

They all then slowly imported.

I did end up with a couple reporting as bike rides but TR are currently looking into that. I’m going to hold off doing anymore until the import issues are fixed.

That happens when you are fast! :joy:

4 Likes

Great news. Now time for strength training imports!

1 Like

Ha, I think swimmers would like to have a word if strength comes out next… :wink:

9 Likes

I’m in a public place, I’m so excited I may lose bladder control.

1 Like

It’s an hour past bedtime, my next calendar run is tomorrow 8:30. Not sure I can wait.

Oh Lord, does it have to be a Run or can it be a Trail Run? :scream_cat:

1 Like

Might want to sort out strength recording first. Garmin does an ok job at it, and I do use it…but why? Weightlifters themselves can’t figure out a truly useful metric, total weight moved is a ms close as they get so far and that’s accepted as flawed.

1 Like

Trail Runs should be good!

3 Likes

I love it :heart_eyes:

Thank you!

7 Likes

Let me know if trail run works. Walk does not but run does. You still need to add tss after but that is not too bad.

1 Like

Hi, love the new feature! I might have spotted a bug. After setting RPE manually the TSS number in the top analysis window does not show TSS but a much lower number, in my case the same number as the RPE I set.

1 Like

Super cool!!

Since I just started a new training cycle I won’t go through the hassle of manually uploading all my runs. But I’m curious if I can import my Garmin calendar into TR? I follow a Garmin running plan, that’s why.

1 Like

Same here. The TSS position shows the rating level and not the TSS number.

Also, the TSS number is missing from the items on the bottom of the run box on the calendar. It only shows duration and distance whereas the cycling boxes show duration TSS and IF.

3 Likes

It “associates” the run with a planned run, but it doesnt give it the same title, and theres no work description there.
Which is annoying, since you cannot then view what the workout description was planned to be.

2 Likes

@dominikrymsza is this the place to report bugs or should we raise a ticket?

Import works for me, but time and distance are off. A recent workout recorded with Apple Watch / WatchOS fitness app → Strava of 40 Min / 7.03km is displayed as 24 Min / 4.2km.

Now that I look at it it appears that TR does not include the part of the workout thats inside my Strava privacy zone. Is there a way around this without losing the privacy zone?

1 Like

A shot in the dark. Strava has a new feature that automatically puts the start/ finish zone on a workout without needing to specify a postcode. You could try activating that and deleting the postcode based ones and perhaps on the next run upload TR will pull the full thing. Bizarre though that TR already pulls a full ride regardless of strava privacy zones :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Sorry, didn’t read the thread before and went with a normal Run. Apparently it works upthread though.

:tada:

3 Likes