My 2018 time trial season draws to a close

I have just completed my first year using TR, having previously been directly coached.

I followed the Sweet Spot Base (HV 1 & 2) followed by the Sustained Power Build (HV), all rounded off with the 40k TT Speciality Plan.

And the results?

Over the course of my 27 races, I PB’d/PR’d 11 times (only 2 times in 26 races during 2017) including setting new lifetime bests at both 10 and 25 miles. To say that I’m happy with my progress would be an understatement.

As for next year, it took me no longer than 10 minutes, using the new TR features, to plan my season well into the Spring (Northern Hemisphere). I’m convinced that following these structured plans has not only made my training and competing more enjoyable, it has improved my whole outlook on cycling.

Not too bad for a 63 year old.

11 Likes

Well done, that’s brilliant

1 Like

Well done. This was my first season as well, def seeing improvements. Are you going back to beginning and starting on Base training again?

1 Like

Yes, exactly as before - “if it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it”. :wink:

Good effort.
Out of interest, did you finish the speciality phase before your races?? If do what workouts did you do between races??

Not exactly but I simply replaced a “hard” session for the race and did a recovery type ride on the folllowing day.