Methods (apps?) for measuring HRV with chest strap?

For measuring while at rest (i.e. not during exercise) camera based measurement can be just as good like hrv4training

I’ve had results like that too, just not sure if there is anything there. Not even exactly sure how you’d validate this type of thing. Still, if it’s on your watch that you already own or something like that it probably is worth a shot.

Joe

What do you want to do?
Compare before and after workouts to see the intensity of the workout?

Maybe:

Also useful:

1 Like

I used the HRV4Training camera option for a while but I had too many less than optimal reading with it. I bought a polar H9 and I am really happy. It just works and it is extremely rare I get less than optimal readings.

1 Like

For hrv? Not so sure that it’s useful:

Get a better hr strap:

Am I missing something or is the tickr not on that list at all? Is there any data showing the tickr is unsuitable?

Scroll down, it’s mentioned.

Arm band not chest strap.

best option that seems to be well agreed upon is Polar, H10 then H9. There are others that may work, but if you are serious about the measurements, get a monitor that will just work.

1 Like

I used the Tickr V1 with the Elite HRV app successfully for the last 2 years, but my Tickr is now 3yrs old and despite changing the strap and battery the HRV readings were all over the place. The Tickr V2 is supposedly even less reliable.

1 Like