Lovely topic... Suffocating in phlegm during EVERY effort, for months/years. Anyone else?

Cheers. I can’t really do a lot more to cool my room but it is the UK so it’s not that hot and I do quite well in the heat generally. I have been adding ice cubes to my bottles but that’s just because it’s nicer to drink cooler drinks compared to room temperature drinks.

With my lifestyle I’m never really fit but I do ok and my FTP is basically where it has been ‘in season’ for the last 10 years. The only time I’ve really bumped it up was during COVID when I was doing HV + extra. Normally I ride ultradistance stuff so my threshold and VO2 suffers due to fatigue and not training at the higher end much. But basically I don’t see this being a lack of fitness thing given where I’m at.

That article is quite interesting and better defines things like asthma (which I don’t believe I have) versus exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (EIB) which sounds more like what I’ve experienced in the past and is perhaps the thing I’m getting now to a lesser extent.

I’ve got a blood test booked for other ailments soon so I might ask them about this at the same time.

1 Like