Lights that work on aero handlebars and seatpost?

Hi all! Anyone got any recommendations for good lights that work with aero handlebars and seatposts or the best way to accommodate or get around this? This winter will be the first I’ll be using an aero bike outdoors in the dark and never really thought about it until I started looking and very quickly got confused! It would be needed for a Bianchi Oltre xr4 and sl7 tarmac if that helps at all!

Some results from search that are worth a look:

That’s great thank you!! I’ll take a look :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

That’s so cool! Thank you :grinning:

Cateye use rubber mounts that conform to any shape and work quite well. Recently I went to a K-Edge Combo mount which allows mounting of head unit and light cleanly up front.

1 Like

Do you have the out front mount on the SL7 that came with the bike? The various fittings that get given with the bike will allow for a light to be mounted to the underside. It’s currently what I am looking at to run a front light on my SL7. I believe the ‘action mount’ is favourable from the fittings provided.

1 Like

Knog…They have been great lights. Super bright and easy to install and charge. I have some of the Blinder and Cobber styles. Fit my Easton Aero bars and aero seatpost on my F8.

1 Like

That exactly what I did with my old lights, Sugru is brilliant for odd little jobs like that.

My current Moon one has a saddle rail mount for the mtb and on the Bianchi aero post it’s clamp wraps around pretty well. @HenryFrakes I can take photos if needed.

1 Like

I have an Exposure Tracer with the aero seatpost mount, very solid and secure (I already had the light, just had to get the aero mount)

For front lights I always use an out front garmin mount, which has a gopro compatible mount underneath for my lights. Again I use Exposure front lights, but I just use generic gopro light mounts to hold them there, they work fine for me

1 Like

Awesome thanks so much all super appreciate it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been using Serfas head lights on both my tri bike and roadie with aero drop bars. The Serfas mount is adjustable, allowing the clamp to be installed at the end of the drops or on the aero bars, but for the light to point forward. I hang the lights upside-down, and it works great. From the picture, loosen the screw shown on top, rotate 90-degrees, tighten screw). I’ve done quite a few over-night rides using them and they’ve always worked great. The mounts not very aero, but the adaptability it provides is great!

1 Like

I use a bontrager flare RT 2 as my rear light with an aero seat post on my giant propel, and it fits fine with the standard strap. Its very bright with lots of different modes including a day setting and the battery lasts forever.

1 Like

Thank you! That was actually the light I was considering so may go with that!

Cheers that’s a great idea! Wish more light companies did that

Have you tried the Cateye on an aero bar? Have Canyon Grail and looking for a light mount that doesn’t involve their $160 mount