Let's see your paincave!

Picked up a cheap TV on Black Friday and made a big push to reorganize my setup over the past two weeks.

18 Likes

If I had that much room and ceiling height, there’d be a golf simulator in there too!

Oh there is. Not, like, one with the whole radar launch thing, but a net and piece of turf to hit off of.

3 Likes

What’s the brand or manufacturer of this cabinet? Looks neat.

1 Like

Vadolibero - but be warned. It is best to be seated and not drink hot liquids during googling the MSRP…
:+1: :joy:

I’m loving the symmetry you’ve achieved. My OCD is so happy!!

With the illuminated, coloured keyboard, this is the type of setup I’d imagine Daft Punk or Kraftwerk to be using :grinning:

11 Likes

Won’t those big screens make intervals look longer? :grin: I still want one though.

2 Likes

I don’t have that big a laptop but I find it a bigger motivator when I can accurately judge a long interval, what I’ve done and how long I’ve got to stick it out for :joy:

But the yellow power/progress line moves faster, too!

3 Likes

No issues with TR on Surface Pro 4? I’m running Zwift on ATV, but will begin TR in January and was hoping SP4 would be sufficient.

Can you follow a session on this treadmill like on a turbo, ie, it adjusts speed according to a set session?

Not that I am aware of. I suppose you could follow by HR or RPE, or by using Stryd (measure power while running), and sort of follow a cycling plan for running. Sounds suboptimal at the very best.

TR for running is an idea @Nate_Pearson could comment on, perhaps?

Some existing discussion, but nothing concrete:

1 Like

Thanks. I was wondering if you could programme it for, for example, something like 8x800m and it would self adjust to a certain pace.

I didn’t mean following a tr session, just a prescribed running session.

With a better trainer (smart trainer), multiple fans, a rocker plate, a dedicated table , etc indoor training becomes much more tolerable and even fun

3 Likes

Goes a long way. On days where you WANT to workout, then it’s just a bonus, but on days where you’re really borderline? It’s nice to have fewer barriers to entry. People can say HTFU all they want; I fully support the idea of making your training space as nice as possible. Building positive associations and actually WANTING to do it is always going to be a better long term solution than ‘dealing with it,’ if you have a choice.

6 Likes

Run both TR and Zwift on surface pro 4 without an issues, have done for years . Do have a usb fan from power supply pointing at back of Pro4 to prevent any chance of CPU throttling. Also have a usb hub connected for both ant+ dongles, one for each application.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll give it a go soon, and good tip on the fan. SP4 does get hot quickly.

For those looking for an upgrade desk, the Lifeline/Rad turbo desks seem to be in stock with some UK retailers.

They have been out of stock for a while! I’ve been looking new/second hand for ages.

https://www.tweekscycles.com/uk/lifeline-trainer-table-hot649459/ £100

Wiggle/Chain reaction also have them but £15-20 more.

Got that one from chain reaction a while ago and works well and good price also.