Let's see your paincave!

All of the other stuff is not needed, just the Marmotte cheer leader! :wink: Kidding aside, great efficient use of a small space.

1 Like

I’ll bet that little guy is easily worth an extra 45 second on the ramp test

3 Likes

Be careful with those interlocking foam tiles, they soak up sweat and cleaning product so after 2 weeks of being down you get a nice slime on the underside which after 3 weeks leaves a rather special aroma. A big rubber matt is far better.

2 Likes

? I have used interlocking tiles for years, and not had that problem.

1 Like

Cleaning product? Cleaning product?

Just buy black and it won’t need any :slight_smile:

4 Likes

These pictures don’t really do it justice, but I have spent a lot of time making this work for me. Note the position of the 4 fans. All of them on smart outlets so I can turn them on selectively via the Google Assistant. Two front facing on either side of the TV at head level, one aimed at the chest the other aimed at the face, one floor fan pointed up at my trunk, and one rear facing aimed at the back. A rocker plate, zwift, trainerroad, ethernet connection, ipad for spotify, phone for zwift companion, and plenty of reachable counter space for bottles, towels and food. And not to mention wall to wall rubber floors and a Rogue rack for strength training.

38 Likes

Super great looking setup!!!

1 Like

Yeah I would like to get mats my home gym, but its in our spare bedroom. My brother bought horse stall mats for his garage gym about a year ago. He insists they don’t smell anymore, but he’s just gotten used to it. I can still smell it whenever I go in his garage. :joy:

A vice? You have a vice? Luxury!

11 Likes

This is great!

1 Like

What size room is all that in? I’ve always wanted a room like this and it looks like an efficient use of the space.

Its just a regular bedroom. Maybe 11x11

1 Like

I feel a Christmas gift coming along (from Santa to me). Do you have a picture of how you organize the weights/barbell?

Loving the artwork :+1:

Looks like a great space to get into it.

1 Like

The plates hang on the wall in the closet and the barbell is in this vertical holder beside the rack.

12 Likes

Main space is about 17’ x 22’

Small area with heavybag and TRX is about 10’ x 10’

Here’s a shot from the other side. Kind of an odd layout. Hope that helps.

15 Likes

Yes, these are horse stall mats. 3/4" They are pricey, but worth the money. I spent about $400+ just in horse stall mats alone. They have been bulletproof so far. I used Gorilla Tape to tape the seams between each one to hold them together and keep debris out of the cracks. Worth the investment, for sure.

Wife and I built a garage gym as our Xmas present to ourselves, so along with my basement paincave/bike shop setup, I’m quickly running out of excuses.

19 Likes

I put this in from wall to wall, but you can buy edge pieces to make it smaller if desired. It’s not impermeable because of the interlocking tiles, but in my experience unless you are pouring buckets on them, it’s a great surface, particularly for large areas. And it’s thick!

3 Likes

I bought a couple of these, but haven’t had a chance to put them down yet. They’re a bit expensive but are high quality (and heavy).

1 Like