Let's see your paincave!

I found the flag post inspirational! Got me thinking that purely from a performance maximization perspective, a Trump 2024 flag right in front of my Kickr might illicit a physiological response when doing intense interval work that could be productive. If I can channel said response towards a facilitative end rather than a debilitating one. Could elevate my paincave to a PAINcave!

3 Likes

Yes, cross training for muscular balance while still giving a kick ass cardio workout. Didn’t come through on my post, but there was a bit of tongue-in-cheek about continuing to add Concept2 stuff. I also have a bias as a biathlete/cross country skier since it’s very specific to those sports. And if the CrossFit games had heavy skierg use how could it not be a good thing? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I don’t have one but based on some reviews I’ve seen, its popular because it is an extremely convenient way to get an intense cardio workout and it does not take up much floor space. No set up, no strapping in, etc - you can literally walk up to it and instantly be hammering your self. Really good for mixing in with circuit type workouts which is I assume why it its popular with the lifting crowd.

4 Likes

I quite enjoy Coop’s reviews.

3 Likes

I still love it and so smooth. Every time I ride I enjoy the silence and how it is no frills. The fans are meh but at least they are there and the console is very useful. It is quite rigid but honestly better than I expected and was coming from a N2T (still have as backup). I have v1 with original cranks and no problems. I do know some people have had issues with a belt snapping on original ones but Garmin is quick to respond. One negative would be the shifting, while nice is probably not as quick as the kickr bike or could be a disadvantage if you are really into Zwift racing. It is a beast and keep the box just in case.

2 Likes

Slight update and will put them up tomorrow but got the AWESOME prints from @PusherMan and framed them tonight. Will really bring the room together and very cool.

15 Likes

Can’t wait to see them hanging in your space. They’re going to look brilliant :+1:

Like the Trump 2020 flag above, I feel triggered by this post.

2 Likes

Well player, @Peter. :+1:

I don’t know if my question fits in this topic but I can give it a go: I am currently on the market to buy a treadmill to expand my paincave (which currenty only exists out of a Tacx Flux s, some weights, kettlebells and medicine balls and a large TV.

I see lots of brands of treadmills in this thread, but since I live in Belgium, most of them are not available. Does anybody has experience with treadmills from Decathlon or any other advice?

Not sure what is available in your area but I think it depends on your price point. Personally I have only had good experiences with Landice and True but they tend to be on the upper end.

1 Like

Heard not great things about the decathlon ones. Really down To your fitness and budget as that will determine speed and motor size. My understanding is that’s it’s all about the motor chp. I literally got my first treadmill earlier this week, 20kph top speed and 3chp motor with lifetime warranty on frame and motor. Think woodway is possibly the gold standard

Edit: got mine from Facebook marketplace second hand

1 Like

I think decathlon treadmills are the best bang for buck out there. You can’t find a better treadmill for 500-1000€. If you take care of them, you’ll have no problems.

1 Like

Built a detached garage a year ago. Kids are done with college so I went for broke with heated floors, AC, Fiber optics and sounds system.

76 Likes

@rondickinson I’m drooling over here.

Our paincave is mobile, but slightly more cramped. The workshop is in the back. :wink:

29 Likes

Airstream??

Oh heck yeah. I’d never leave!

1 Like

Garage? In the UK, we’d call this a HOUSE!! :wink:

18 Likes

I was literally just thinking that…“that garage has about the same footprint as my whole ground floor” :flushed:

11 Likes

Newmar.

3 Likes