Let's see your paincave!

It’s from a kit, built from about a dozen pannels put together. Then I insulated it and boarded out the walls and had electric run from the main house.

I pretty much only use the Trainer in the winter months and early morning, It tends to be around 0c-10c when i’m training so no need for air con. I always train with the Door open which keeps the humidity down especially with the fans running, I have trained in here for 3 winters and had no problems.

As of 18 months ago It has also been my home office turning the work bench into an office desk.

Here are a couple of wide angle shots you can get an idea of the whole thing.

20 Likes

Great stuff, thanks!

Do you have info on those cabinets? Contemplating putting built ins in mine instead of rolling toolbox style.

This guy is just a franchise, so you should be able to locate them anywhere.

Man Cloudflare is sensitive - you’ve only had one click on the link and it’s blocking me already :sweat_smile:

This is really interesting. Have you done many rides with this set up? Is it most (only?) effective in TT position.

No it works fine in an upright position too, it’s a large 20” fan and not particularly directional so it has a fairly good spread.
I do also have a small fan on the floor directly under me blowing up.

1 Like

After a lot of hard work this weekend, this is what we’re looking at. The room is 1 half den/workspace, one half workout space. I have a fan on order for the trainer side, in the meantime, I will just move the fan. Run TR or zwift on my phone, use the tablet for watching youtube or whatever. I think I’m going to trade out the rug and mat for a giant gym mat, and then move that rug to the other side of the room, the den side.

22 Likes

what are the dimensions of this alleged “garage”? seems massive

@Dmortimer11 What bikerack is this? Looks kind of useful to stack two bikes like that. I guess it‘s mounted to the wall on the top, and just standing on the floor? Thanks and cheers!

I think it’s called the Michelangelo rack, there is a strap anchor on top, which I have not screwed to the wall. It is stable without, the strap would be to keep you from pulling it down onto yourself.

1 Like

I think the building is 1300 feet per floor, 1/2 is the bike shop on the first level and 1/2 is a car garage. Second floor is a mother-in-law apartment. Yes, it’s a luxury and I’m blessed to have this at age 61. Sacrificed many many years.

2 Likes

good for you man. top 3 here i’d say

Getting ready to set up this basement space entirely for my training :smiley:
Any reccomendations is well appriciated. Great inspiration in this thread.

10 Likes

Lasko blower - game changer!!! can’t recommend this enough
Rocker plate (DIY or purchased)
Art / motivation, including a place to hang your medals
Storage for your stuff (shoes, jerseys, nutrition, fuel, etc)
Mini fridge for post-workout goodies
Ceiling fan for overall air circulation
Floor mats for weights, high traffic areas

6 Likes

speakers, dont forget the speakers. Including your neighbors in your workouts is a must

10 Likes

If only Chad’s workout text was audio instead, preferably shouted by Jens Voigt.

Turn the amp up to 11 and have Jen’s shouting “shut up legs!!!” at 5:30 in the morning for the neighbors to hear.

1 Like

Cannot find this in the EU :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

Lasko type blowers are available in the UK from another company :wink: (I shipped mine to Belgium no problem)

See Vacmaster Cardio54®Headwind Fan & Remote Control for Turbo Trainer, Cycling, Running, HIIT - Only £99.99 – by Cleva and Vacmaster® Air Mover - Only £69.99 – by Cleva.

I got the 2nd one since the 1st one is new I guess. Remote would be handy but the air flow is massive :slight_smile:

5 Likes

100% recommend the one with the remote… 3 different speeds, absolutely worth the slightly extra cost. When you factor in the non-remote version + the remote socket youll need anyway its a no brainer. Probably moves too much air for me in an uninsulated standalone garage in Scotland this time of year, but in the summer it makes a massive difference

3 Likes