Let’s see some Tri/TT rigs

Excellent point…I was assuming he was the original owner, but if not, he can probably rivnut away!

1 Like

In addition to a dozen other get out clauses the manufacturer put in… Although to be fair to garmin, i bought vector pedals off a friend and when they died garmin sent me a full replacement (brand new no less!) and all they wanted was the original proof of purchase, which my friend was happy to provide a screenshot of

1 Like

@Fernandohcm1987 the fitter I have experience with also works with Trek-Segafredo. To get to the point he said long is aero. IMO you would benefit from lengthening the cockpit a touch. It’s super hard to shrug with elbows more than 90 degrees…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yep.

When I got in the the wind tunnel, we tried the compact position but wasn’t working. As a tall lad with shoulders, we concentrated on stretching me out nice and long. That and the right helmet (kask mistral) to smooth the air over my shoulders had my cda right down to target.

2 Likes

All of you that are stretched out or have large upturn on the aero bars, I assume you are not racing under UCI regs?

I struggle to get a good position under the 800mm bb to tip and 100mm pads to tip rules

I personally do not race under UCI regs so I never measured my equipment against them.

I do know riders that raced under their rules and to achieve the best position possible, they have had to “interpret” them slightly different to normal convention… if you look at the set ups that Dan Bigham (as well as the other Hubb Wattbike riders) and Filippo Ganna use, you can see that they are really pushing the boundaries whilst remaining within the rules.

1 Like

Dunno.

TTs are done under CTT rules in the UK, and I don’t think triathlon has any rules so probably getting away with murder.

1 Like

There are no interpretations, the jig says the bike is legal or its not

Obviously these guys are running the limits of the measurements, as am I. Id like to go longer in the front, but Im already at the 800mm limit. Im not even that tall, only 176cm

Am i the only one that thinks the UCI and all its rules are stupid and an impediment to true technology and innovation? Rules should be around overall rider safety, factors of safety in design and materials than the dumb ass arbitrary rules those dinosaurs come up with (case in point: sock height vs. safety barrier regulation).

5 Likes

Sort of but then would time trialling be the same if we were fully enclosed in recumbents? There will probably always be a line drawn somewhere.

2 Likes

Valid point that

Nope…you are far from alone.

Yeah thats kind of the sticking point. There has to be an arbitrary limit somewhere, where ever you put it someone will be unhappy about it

I just see it as being how it is, same for everyone, so just work with it

I agree, there needs to be a line somewhere and so I don’t mind the sock height rule - it’s simple and proportionate to your anatomy.

The bike fit rules though don’t scale correctly. I can’t see how I’ll be able to ride properly in a UCI legal position. I started timetrialling this year on my road bike after road racing was stopped. Put in some fast times and want a TT bike for next season. I’m 197cm and the extensions rules don’t scale properly with height.

I’m seeing a bike fitter soon who hopefully can sort something out that’s useable and fast.

i agree the 80cm rule is dumb (i’m 189cm and can barely squeeze into 80cm reach with fairly significant saddle setback of ~8cm), but… do you need a UCI-legal position? i understand the desire, but unless you’re racing at the highest level in UCI-specific events, you don’t need to comply. just a thought

1 Like

Here (South East Queensland, Australia) they have bike check on the jig before you start at all TT events ive been to. If you dont check or fail the check you can still ride but are excluded from results.

Yeah, will be getting fit for both if we can make a UCI position work. I’d want to be able to compete in both UCI and non-UCI events

In the market for some aftermarket Aerobar arm rests… any recommendations? Currently have the profile design race cups and don’t love them…

Revolver https://www.revolverwheels.co.uk/shop/

Top quality arm rests… various types. I use the triathlon ones not being constrained by stupid UCI rules.

1 Like