Kinetic Smart Control T-6400 issues

So my Kinetic Smart Control (the 2019 version) will not calibrate with trainer road. IT constantly times out, IF I calibrate with the kinetic app then the erg mode will not work in trainer road.

Anyone else having these issues? Incredibly frustrated with the Kinetic

I was having a similar issue with calibration.

Don’t stop pedaling when the software tells you, (21mph?) Pedal to 22/23 mph and then stop.

I haven’t got the time-out error since I’ve done this.

(I do not use the Kinetic app at all.)

1 Like

Make sure to contact support@trainerroad.com if you haven’t already done so.

The issue is that it only tells me to speed up to 12 mph via bluetooth phone app, if I try ant+ on my pc it just says calibration failed as soon as I hit the calibration button

@1k2go you are my hero! I wish I had found this earlier. I spent about 90 minutes last night trying to calibrate with both the TrainerRoad and Kinetic Fit apps. Did all of the troubleshooting: cleaned tire & roller, correct tire pressure, loosened acorn nut, etc. I kept tightening and tightening the bolt on the resistance unit until my hand hurt. Nothing doing.

I gave it another go today and eventually was able to get the Kinetic Fit app to spindown in 6.85 seconds. Moved on to TrainerRoad app but it continued to time out.

Then I searched the internet again and found your post! The very next attempt, I spun up to 26 mph and the calibration was successful.

The last time I calibrated with TrainerRoad was early last month (March). I don’t do it regularly because it is always a struggle. I took the bike off to lube up the chain and needed to go through the exercise again. I will change my habits know that I know this “trick.”

I thank you and my dining room table thanks you because I was probably going to flip it if I hadn’t found this thread. Thanks!

1 Like

lol- I found this trick out of frustration too. I was SO Pissed I pedaled to about 35 mph and the damn thing calibrated. This is on both Inride and their trainers. KK has some real issue’s.

Hi. Sorry for resurrecting this old thread. Does resistance mode work for any of you in TR on your Smart Control T-6400? When I switch to resistance mode, the resistance goes up so high it’s near impossible to turn the pedals.

Have been in touch with TR support who reckon it’s a firmware issue. Have been in touch with KK support who acknowledge the issue and say they are working on it but can’t give an indication of when it might be fixed (it’s been almost a year already)

A bit late to the game, but I am experiencing this same issue with TR and resistance mode with my KK Road Machine Control. Firmware is up to date. I’ve opened an issue with TR.

I’ve not tried very recently but resistance mode seemed fine in Zwift when I needed for things like 1-leg intervals.

Hi Tom. I still have the same thing. TR ticket closed accepting that it is a KK firmware issue. I think If I remember correctly KK admitted as such on the ticket I had open with them. All they would say is look out for a firmware upgrade / a new version of their Kinetic Fit app. I’m not holding my breath.

I had kinetic smart control but after a month of frustration with it decided to return. Back to my trusted reliable road machine. As far as I hear, kinetic trainers and electronics don’t go well together

Apart from not being able to switch to resistance mode mine has been solid. Now I’ve got it connected via Bluetooth to a windows laptop, erg mode with power match (using a separate power meter) is consistently very, very good. It was a cheap upgrade to my road machine too as compared to buying a full smart trainer. Has to be said though, the power readings from the KK device are junk so only really going to work well if you already have a power meter.