KICKR Climb or Rocker?

Did you do the simple hinge rather than pillow bearings just for cost and simplicity?

Simplicity and ease of access. I tried to pick stiff that was readily available in just about any hardware store.

I mentioned this on their podcast…

RODEO TIME!

https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/workouts/362358-sleeping-beauty-1

Yes, turn off the CLIMB for these workouts!

TR needs to do a lot more development in regards to the CLIMB than an 1 Size Fits All Solution as you have mentioned!

1 Like

Link goes to Sleeping Beauty workout, is that right?
I’m guessing this is to show an extreme example of what the Climb will do?

For now, I wonder how many Climb users are even on TR. I suspect it is still a very small number, and therefore, not worth much time investment compared to other priorities. That may change over time, but I see more gains to be made elsewhere.

Correct!

1 Like

I’d like to try a rocker, I think I’d like it. A little bit of motion was why I used to prefer rollers and probably still would if not for erg mode.

Other than something like Zwift I’m not that interested in the Climb, if it was cheaper maybe but I can’t see me paying that much for it.

1 Like

Since I had added the rocker plate that I built I would never look back and ride without one. It certainly makes training more enjoyable. My knees hurt less and butt is less sore after a long training session. I recently added a climb as well and although it certainly is more beneficial with Zwift I found that its still added value to my training. Not all the programs use the climb and the ones that do may even be really short but I find it still engages different muscles. Its not a must have but a nice to have. MY issue is that I cant use my laptop like usual to run the program as it only works with the phone app right now. Thats really annoying.

1 Like

That incline up to 20% is no joke at full effort :stuck_out_tongue: >>> :face_vomiting:

Old post of yours I came across but had a question for yah. On the locked mode, when you adjust the grade % can you see what % you are at? Does it show up on screen somewhere? Thank you for any info.

You will only see a grade if you have the Wahoo app open. There is no other display of the grade, unless you are in an app like Zwift, Rouvy and others.

1 Like

One thing I like to do on some workouts is have Zwift control my kickr (so the climb rises and drops with the terrain while adjusting the resistance of my kickr) while I do a TR workout which is just connected to my power meter (Quarq).

Obviously you also need a PM to do this, but the result is a lot of fun. It’s like doing a TR outside workout in the virtual Zwift world and the climb makes it a lot of fun and very comfortable. I really like having to change gears to hit the power targets as the climb rises and drops it’s very realistic!

I don’t do all workouts like this. for short, repeated intervals I usually have the Kickr connected to TR as well as the Quarq using power match in ERG mode and I also have the Quark connected to Zwift (which I use for entertainment). Having the Quarq connected to both TR and Zwift means the power numbers and cadence match in both Zwift and TR which i like but some people might not care.

Since the Quarq only allows one BT connection I use the CABLE device to convert the Quarq’s ANT+ to BT so I can have the PM connected to both TR and Zwift. (I run TR on my iPhone and Zwift via Apple TV)

2 Likes