Wahoo Kickr Climb

What has been the experience of TR coaches and TR subscribers with the Wahoo Kickr Climber? I understand that the inclination progressively increases once one reaches 0.8 FTP, but how is that working out in the real world specifically with TR workouts that include either brief or long interval changes in power outputs? Thank you.

I find I use the Climb about 50% of the time with TR workouts, depending on the workout and whether I want the interval efforts to simulate climbing or not. If not, I just leave it set at 0%. For very short, intense intervals it can be a bit irritating to be pitched up for only a few seconds (and with a second or two of lag), but then those short, steep pitches on the road can be a bit irritating as well!
For other software like Zwift and Rouvy, I have the Climb on all the time and find it great.

2 Likes

Thank you. What is an example or two of TR workouts with which you really like have the Climb?

I don’t really like raw pitch to effort setup. I just.use it in manual mode and adjust angle to suit my preferences in intervals.

Was looking for some more cool ideas for integrating the Climb into my workouts. I second @mcneese.chad on the manual control being more useful then the auto mode. I often try to mimic the grade the racers are tackling in the video I’m watching. Kind of like a poor man’s FullGaz (says the guy with a Climb :shushing_face:) but I get to do it with XC race footage.

1 Like

I use Fulgaz and I bet the climb is great with it. I dont think I am likely to go for one though, just based on cost

I have my front wheel on a motorbike platform stand and back wheel on a box I made from Ply wood. I can’t vary it during workouts as I have to release the QR skewer on my Neo2 and turn the thing on the motorbike stand, but the range of degrees I get is about -11% to +16%. Much much cheaper than a kickr climb and TR workouts are okay with more constant gradients. Actual hill simulations in Zwift and stuff wouldn’t work.