Issues with Bluetooth on iOS

Apologies if this is not the right place to post, I have emailed support

Brand new Tacx Flux 2
Connects to iOS with ant+ fine
Bluetooth on iOS will not connect on trainerroad app

Bluetooth connects on same device with tacx utility

Bluetooth connects on an android device

I’ve reinstalled TR on the iOS but no different, I’m tearing my hair out as the wife has moved my ANT+ single and I can’t find it :tired_face:

One thing, make sure the trainer isn’t connected to another device already via bluetooth. It can only connect to one application at a time. turn off the others to be sure.

1 Like

Yeah, tried that too :frowning:

This is almost always the problem, though you say you’ve checked. You have to make sure it isn’t showing up in your list of bluetooth devices in the iOS system either. It would only be visible to TR. At least that’s what works with mine, though I will add that I have a KICKR.

Just live chatting with Support now, known bug apparently and being looked into

1 Like

Any update on the iOS bug issue? I’m new to TrainerRoad and to smart trainers and want to get training! I’ve checked all the usual things, but cannot pair my new Flux 2 with TR. I raised a ticket with support a couple of days ago, but haven’t had a reply yet because they have a large volume of queries. Thought I’d check to see if anyone else had an update. I don’t have an Ant+ dongle and would prefer to use BT if I can. Thanks!

Hi All
Update from support - the Flux 2 pairing issue in iOS has been fixed in the beta version of the app. I’ve now downloaded this and it paired without any problem.

If you’re new like me, you can find out about the beta programme at Join the TrainerRoad Beta Program to Get the Newest Features - TrainerRoad

Thanks to Corey at TR Support for such a helpful response!

I am very new to the kickr and to trainer road and was having big issues toward the end of my workout where the flywheel would grind to a halt mid interval. THi issues of not being connected via bluetooth through settings or other apps is interesting - I never realized this was a thing. Does this mean I just need to have the wahoo app closed? or do I need to disconnect from there and in the settings part of iOS (I’m using my phone) . I’m going to see if I can find another help article on this. If you know of one please let me know! thank you!

you can pair it will multiple devices, but you just need to make sure it’s not “connected.” Bluetooth only allows 1 connection at a time.

Thank you! appreciate the response!

Just got a Tacx Flux S. The trainer connects via Bluetooth to the TR app just fine but it will not connect to the app on my iPad. It’s the weirdest thing. It shows it as found under devices but when I click on it it looks as if it is connecting but then disappears. I always have my phone turned completely off when I try to connect to the Bluetooth on my iPad.

Hey! Sorry you’re having trouble, we definitely recommend checking in with the support team at support@trainerroad.com. There are lots of device-specific troubleshooting steps they’d be happy to help you with! :sunglasses:

1 Like