Is anybody else insanely glad that the holidays and NY are over?

No, disappointed it’s over. Had a week and a half of no work and no running kids about so managed to double training hours

Yup, I’m a man of tenuously contained bacchanalian tendencies, and decided to just embrace it this year without any self hate for a change. Past years I’ve tried to stay on track with nutrition, and I always fail and then get upset. This year I told myself to eat and drink whatever, whenever I want, but to never miss a workout through the holiday period. It seems to have been a better approach for me. I’ve certainly gained a couple pounds, but I’m feeling strong. I’m happy to be returning to my usual nutrition and sleep habits now though. Got it out of my system. Unfortunately my family came and visited for a couple days, and my nephew was sick… now my partner is… I guess I’m next.

I really like that as a strategy.

Go full Caligula if you must, but don’t miss the workout. Seems like a good way to have your cake and eat it to.

Maybe I’ll take that approach next year.

I share that feeling. New Year - new time to start resolutions - new motivations.
I love Jan 1st as it means I am moving forward and I have got the ‘festivities’ out of the way.

I’m in the same boat - I basically did a mini-training camp while I was off. My wife had to work still so all I had to do was get up, ride and then come home and sleep or watch TV until she was done.

Double bonus - I got to carry Christmas cookies as ride food and Ohio had super unseasonably warm weather. I was in short bibs with no knee warmers on the day after Christmas. Glorious

That being said, I’m still looking forward to getting back to routine

1 Like

Yes! It’s so hard to eat well during the holidays and keep somewhat of a training routine. And this is from somebody who doesn’t celebrate Christmas and spend the whole day working out pretty much!

Now that all my social commitments are over with, I can slink back into my dark little pain cave and resume churning out Watts.