Is adaptive training trying to kill me !? [Resolved ✅]

So adaptive training really is trying to kill me :clown_face:

Another day another ramp test :man_facepalming:t3:

This is getting silly :laughing:

@QuittingBikes Did you mean to link to this same thread?

The team is working on resolving this issue but in the meantime, we’ve fixed your calendar. We’re having a Support agent reach to you so you can get help if for any reason you continue to experience issues. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I had something very similar happen.
New to TR. Added a plan midway (with start date backdated to Nov-21). Got a ramp test. Skipped it.
Got another 1-2 weeks later. Did it. Didn’t have another scheduled for at least 4 weeks. On a Thurs deleted a C event (Sun) in the middle of a block. Ramp test drops in. I curse, try AI detection. It refuses me (16 days from last, sufficient workouts logged etc).
I contact support. They curse. Give me new FTP. I so the workout that was originally there (fortunately had written it down). Everyone is older and wiser.

Bottom line… AI FTP is still a bit buggy. We’re gonna see edge issues like this and should contact support. They’re very helpful.

1 Like

Had an odd experience with Adaptive Training this morning. My VO2 Max progression is at 1.9. My training plan scheduled the Brasted workout which is classified as VO2 Max 5.1. It said this workout was a “Breakthrough”.

I thought I was not going to be able to complete this workout. However, I decided to try the workout and see what happened. This workout features 46 x 30 second intervals at 120% FTP followed by 15 seconds at 40% of FTP.

I got through 17 of the intervals and couldn’t proceed to the 29 subsequent intervals.

What I want to know was, why did Adaptive Training schedule me for this workout? As I expected jumping from 1.9 to 5.1 was too much of a jump. Even it knew that.

Just curious. Did AT assign Brasted to replace your Ramp Test? It did for me, and I assumed it was AT trying to get a feel for how accurate my zones were after getting my AI FTP.

Good question. AI FTP detection happened instead Ramp Test on Tuesday. AT assigned Osceola which is Anaerobic 1.0 (on Tuesday). That went well. And then for Thursday it scheduled Brasted, which I failed.

I just noticed it scheduled Caltech -8 (VO2 Max) for 1.5 hour outside workout on Saturday. It is listed as a stretch.

1 Like

Update: This issue has be resolved where AT would assign a Ramp Test even if you recently completed one.
You shouldnt see that issue anymore, but if you do, certainly let us know!