πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Introducing AI FTP Detection πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Hello,
I have β€œa question”:
Does it make a difference if I use AI-FTPD after completing my last hard workout before the scheduled ramp test (only 9 days of endurance easy week in between)? How about 2 days before the scheduled ramp test (only 48h of no training at all in between)?

Does this give me a lower ftp or would it be the same as if I only used it on the exact day of the scheduled ramp test?

Quick update: we just deployed some changes that will alter the minimum required data from 12 workouts to 10 workouts.

This means that in order to use AI FTP Detection, you will only need to complete 10 indoor TR workouts. This change will affect all athletes currently in Early Access as well as any who enable this feature from today forward.

Happy riding everyone!

9 Likes

Anyone else curious when TR activates AI FTP to update your FTP?
In my case, it’s been over 4 weeks since my last FTP update. Early Access is enabled. I have had combination of 15 indoor/outdoor workouts with power data.

Is there another condition that needs to be met? Yes. From reading posts above, needed to schedule Ramp Test.

2 Likes

Which timezone are you in?

Its only visible now 12h or 24h (I forget which) before the scheduled ramp. They brought that limit in at some point too.

Chicago

So I do most of my TR workouts outdoors. Does that mean I won’t be able to use AI FTP if I don’t do indoor workout.

The AI FTP button is not showing up any more. Just the ramp test.

UPDATE: we released the fix for this today!
Athletes should now see consistent visibility across apps for AI FTP Detection button if your Ramp Test is scheduled within 48 hours + is the next scheduled workout.

8 Likes

AI said 239 (I had my wife look and not tell me). I did 240.

I had more under normal circumstance, but it’s been a properly stressful week. Either way, good job AI.

3 Likes

Got offered the AI FTP yesterday for the first time, it said I went from 194 to 198. However after I did this, I changed the estimated time of this weekend’s upcoming race (by 15 mins lol) and it made me reset the whole plan and of course that meant it changed my alternate workout back to a ramp test… Did the ramp test and got 204, so a bigger jump than what AI FTP estimated and that was the day after a race. I am only on week 12 though so perhaps with more time the AI FTP will get more accurate for me.

1 Like

3% under … and under is better than over.

And your ramp test is only an estimate of where your FTP is at anyway. It’s no more β€œcorrect” or β€œaccurate” than AI FTP or your eFTP from intervals.icu or whatever else.

Last time AI gave me 203 and I did the ramp test anyway and got 210 … so my AI FTP was also 3% under. I took the 210 because I was feeling great. Two and a half weeks into a sustained power build and it’s going fine. Pretty sure it would’ve gone fine at 203 as well. I’d still have been in the right zone for over/unders, for example.

Pretty sure I’ll accept whatever my AI FTP is next time, and have a lovely VO2 Max workout instead of the ramp test. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like