🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

It most cases it will not be failed. We trained the model on cases like these (short pauses). I got to the bathroom a lot during rides :smiley:.

1 Like

Thanks! We’re actually hiring a CFO now but I believe you are above our level. We’re at about 90-100 employees depending on how you count open reqs.

1 Like

Not yet, but keep using your products. We hope to pull in historic data from APIs. This helps us accelerate training the model.

2 Likes

It depends on what else you’ve done recently and what’s coming up next week. These two are pretty close, so your next workout next week might be a 7.5 instead of a 8.1.

But in the big scheme of things is most likely won’t matter much.

1 Like

We don’t use warm up/cool down to take into account how we categorize a workout.

We do take warm up/cool down into account in FTP prediction.

So you could extend your workout and kinda mess around for an hour and it wouldn’t make your threshold workout a “fail”.

But we would count that fitness towards FTP prediction.

5 Likes

We love the feedback! I just wish I could do it all at once. Please keep it up.

I’ll try to be open and honest about how we view features and priorities as a company. That of course won’t make everyone happy.

9 Likes

Yes, this is the goal. That is still a “plan” IMO.

The ultimate goal is to:

• Tell TR what days you can workout for what time (and allow this to change)
  • Have TR monitor a bunch of your metrics
  • Tell TR what your goals are

Then you get a fully customized and individual system that adapts to your performance and helps you achieve your goals better than any human could.

That’s like the full self driving system. Right now we have auto pilot on the highway but it’s still 10x better than what we used to have.

15 Likes

I’m with you, though if I understand correctly (and I might not), FTP is still part of the progress bar calculation. For example, a 3.8 threshold progress bar score at an FTP of 240, might be a 1.2 at an FTP of 280 .

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson I love the fact that you guys are so active on the forums and give an idea of the upcoming stuff. Knowing what’s coming does make it harder to have to wait, though.

5 Likes

Until there is visibility in TrainNow of whether a recommended workout is achievable or progressive, can any assumption be made as to whether the first recommended workout for Endurance, Climbing, & Attacking is achievable or progressive?

2 Likes

Me now that Nate + the team are so active on this thread:

:rofl:

17 Likes

@IvyAudrain its augmentation not replacement!

2 Likes

This is good stuff Nate, thanks for the response!

1 Like

Awesome!! Thanks Nate.
Keep up the great work!!
I look forward to this “game changing” update

1 Like

To me at least I think the question is what equipment would be useful. As in if you don’t use body battery from Garmin and I was planning to get a new watch then there would be no advantage to getting a garmin that had that feature. So if the fr935 has all the functionality I need I would have money and get that over say the 945 which adds body battery. Or if I have a scale that is internet connected I may not care about getting that data onto Garmin connect cause I see no point, but if you used that data I might go through the effort to do it. Or if you started to use HRV that would impact what HR strap I might buy as while optical straps are convenient as they just go on the arm they won’t provide that data well like a normal chest strap.

2 Likes

I’m curious what would happen if you’d only use TrainNow for a while. With the full AT implementation, would this eventually ‘simulate’ a training plan? Theoretically it would work on a base if that is what’s needed. But would you still be lacking anything if you go this way? (Given that you don’t always choose for the Attacking option and choose some lower TSS options now and then as well.)

A training plan can have the needed cycles built into it that aren’t really possible if you just do day by day

Ah yes you’d have to then manually adjust for that. Defeating the purporse of course.

Thanks again for the response.

Spencer +3 showed up before my VO2 workout on Tuesday. Stuck in my head because Spencer +2 is my planned VO2 workout for next week so I was both optimistic and fearful at the recommendation. I actually switched that workout to +3, but have changed it back to +2 since hearing from you. Currently, I do not see it when I “shuffle” TrainNow, however . Maybe I didn’t do quite as well on Mills as I thought. Haha

Yes, it’s not that big of a spread though.

We could probably rebrand the FTP as “Ramp Test Result” or something like that, but that would be a big education effort.

2 Likes