šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ Introducing Adaptive Training! šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰

If itā€™s not on a plan, it wonā€™t adapt at the moment. But you will get credit for those Z2 days. You probably want to make them ā€œAchievableā€ though.

Weā€™re going to have a LV+ and MV+ plan coming out soon. Iā€™ll talk about it on tomorrowā€™s podcast.

10 Likes

It doesnā€™t do that today but I believe itā€™s already built internally and weā€™ll have AT work on adhoc plans in the next couple weeks or so.

5 Likes

Yes, you can still fuck yourself by putting seven, level 10 workouts in a week and ignore what we tell you.

Thereā€™s still a portion of personal responsibility needed at this stage. But, if you follow the system I think itā€™s 10x better than before.

21 Likes

Youā€™ll see greater growth in targeted zones. IE if youā€™re a crit rider youā€™ll see more growth in Vo2 and Anaerobic compared to a triathlete.

Train Now is meant for people without specific goals. Your profile will change based on the type of workout you pick. it doesnā€™t try to balance you out.

3 Likes

There is! Click on your build phase annotation on the calendar. You can select any other build you want.

4 Likes

Yes, weā€™ve thought about that. Weā€™ve also thought about people having a ā€œdietā€ option.

IE keto athletes will probably respond differently than high carb athletes.

This is just one of the many other data sources that we want to bring in.

Hi Nate
Wow A personal reply :+1::+1::+1:

I know you are thinking this but you are about to change training forever ā€¦

I use the type of software in the UK for pricing retail insurance and we look for predictive life time value to price both new business and renewals

I was a pro triathlete (once apon a time many moons ago) and now am a sociable cyclist looking for a balance from being CFO of a three thousand employee business

Anyway . Would love to have an offline with you on some of our key learnings as I really think you are creating a game changer

If i donā€™t here back the very very best of luck and continue to be an excellent CEO :+1::+1:

6 Likes

You nailed it! We trained the model to take into account trainer lag.

This is one of the many reasons why we couldnā€™t just do average power in intervals. That was our first approach and it failed.

9 Likes

Thanks for the response Nate

I am not in the beta yet, but I have been tracking all of these measurements via Oura Ring and HRVTraining for a while. Is there a place that I can record these in TR or provide it through some other means so that the data science team can start to collect this data? I know how important collecting the source data is, and I would like to help in any way I can.

You can see my post above. Basically we should allow the next wave in very soon.

If I put in a hard timeline people will complain no matter what. Weā€™re sort of in a damned if we do, damned if we donā€™t situation.

18 Likes

I think its awesome that you come on the forum and post feedback to all of our questions. Chapeau sir.

@Nate_Pearson

22 Likes

Gender is a feature on the ML model.

ML will detect if thereā€™s relevant difference between male/female.

And the progression system already takes this into account. If youā€™re better/worse at anaerobic efforts weā€™ll find that out and adapt.

So itā€™s more fine grain than just gender; itā€™s individual to you.

10 Likes

If youā€™re marking the workouts with a low RPE and they are supposed to be a high RPE you will progress faster.

You can also use Workout Alternatives and try a ā€œstretchā€ workout. That will also progress you more quickly.

4 Likes

No, not right now. Weā€™d need to record differences in different power meters and have someone type them in or something like that.

1 Like

Correct. Or you can use Workout Alternatives and select a 90 minute workout.

Workout Alternatives gives you a bit more fine grain control. It shows you 90 minute workouts at the same level and workout profile.

We think Workout Alternatives is the better option in this scenario.

11 Likes

Next people will probably get in this week depending on the PR status of the one above.

New features will come to EVERYONE in weeks, not months.

Of course, I could get burned by this statement if we have a very bad bug.

25 Likes

Deleted workouts would be considered like time off or a skipped workout. So the next week would most likely get a bit easier.

5 Likes

If itā€™s a ramp test it wonā€™t have any impact.

If you ā€œstruggle/failā€ in a workout due to a device issue thereā€™s a survey option to say you had a device issue. That makes our ML ignore it.

Yesterday I had Kaiser+2 planned but subbed it for Kaiser-1, how would AT deal with that? I.e. still doing a workout in the same energy zone as that planned but either easier, as in this case, or harder?

Based on what you actually did.

So in the Z5 to Z2 it would be an ā€œeasyā€ workout.