🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Maybe. Also if your survey data is correct. There will probably be one person who is in the exact middle of the bell curve with no life changes and they won’t notice any difference at all.

In our experience, everyone gets lots of changes very quickly.

3 Likes

Yes, we trained the model with “pee breaks”.

Just don’t stop to pee in the middle of a set that would change the nature of a workout.

If you stop to pee in an endurance/tempo workout you should be good.

I might pee 2x during Baxter and it still says it’s a pass.

6 Likes

Without question.
I’m not sore about the fact that TR is rolling adaptive training for cycling only.

I’m just noting that it’s pretty much a big meh for triathletes. Perhaps more importantly though, adaptive training has probably sucked up the company’s limited resources, preventing TR from implementing such long-awaited features as run training import. Again - just stating facts, aka speculation.

1 Like

Sounds like I may need to invest in the TravelJohn/TravelJane company with all the pee talk.

1 Like

It’s not that simple or standard across people. This is why we want the qualitative data to combine it with this sort of data.

2 Likes

When there is only one type of engineer you’re currently looking for… But ok. Guess you’ll keep it on file

2 Likes

Great - I do Phoenix variations regularly.

Will Tempo workouts ever be recommended in TrainNow under Endurance, if you have maxed out the Endurance Progressions for a timeframe or as a Progressive recommendation?

Fantastic. I don’t expect 100% tailored at the beginning but the idea of having a range of options suggested and then things tailored over time just sounds amazing.

Would I be wrong to assume that a future direction for TR is to sink more data into the program from other programs and devices to refine suggestions?

Love all of the work and super happy to see you and your team working hard to keep us happy.

You are correct. In a plan, you’ll be in the same workout profile so you would stick with short shorts or traditional.

In Train Now, you might swap between the two.

This is one of the things the ML team is looking at. We suspect we’ll need finer grain control between workout profiles in energy systems.

We need a bit more data coming in to find out what the appropriate approach will be. I think this will be a learned thing to the individual.

This will probably only live in the backend and not be show to the user.

5 Likes

The ones with the highest level have the highest failure rates.

To put it another way, the bigger the delta between your progression level and your workout, the more likely your failure rate is.

So if you’re a level 1 threshold, and you do a level 5 threshold, you have a higher failure rate than if you’re a level 8 threshold and do a level 9 threshold.

2 Likes

One more for you @Nate_Pearson. Can you share what non TR data skynet currently consumes without giving away the secret sauce. I dont generally feed garmin with weight data today, but if the model can use it its trivial to do so. If i wear a garmin watch to bed, does the machine see that data? Calorie data makes it from myfitnesspal into garmin if you want, will it get used? I know its a dangerous place to give away to much, so just looking to know what data many of us could easily make visible to TR that would actually be consumed.

1 Like

Which interval are you failing on? If the 4th or 5th, just drop the intensity by a few points on those intervals.

1 Like

Do you swear as much Gordon R’ while you are creating said dish? :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I’m not saying its that simple to detect but it is a data point that could be easily calculated and provided with no input from the user. So no burden on the user needing to do more (its hidden from them) and its a clean metric to feed into the model as cardiac decoupling calculations would be calculated the same for everyone vs just human feedback. I’m not saying to get rid of the other data points. Granted cardiac decoupling can mean other things too but that still is useful to track.

If the warmup and cooldowns are always the same, you could do HRV calculations based on a minute of the time during the warmup and cooldown. Seeing how you’re in the same position on the bike each time it should be consistent. Thinking the type of measurement hrv4training does. Obviously its not the same as right after waking up but this would be a good base that should always be the same exercise to exercise and between people. The reason for doing it at the start and end is the difference should show an objective measure of how hard was the workout. Not a complete measure you still need to ask the person but some insight into how hard your body thought it was.

2 Likes

Nate, apologize if this has been asked.
I frequently do workouts when I am “on call” for work. As a result during a recovery period I will have to get off the bike for just a minute or two. So frequently a 4 min break will turn into a 5 min recovery ( i wont take the brake if the recovery is supposed to be less then a minute or two) . Also, when i backpeddle for a few moments during a recovery to catch my breath my trainer interprests that i have paused. Will these interruptions cause all of these workouts to be “failed”?? If so, i’m worried that my fitness will be underestimated.

Available on mobile/desktop/web…so everywhere.

They are not weighted at the moment. We think we need more data about how you feel to do that sort of thing.

In our internal system, we sort of have that today. But, we want to make that for everyone.

The “sort of have that today” is that the FTP prediction will suggest different volumes for different people. And it’s not always a higher volume for people; sometimes it predicts bigger gains on a lower volume plan for some people.

The goal is to make everything dynamic and individual to the person. But that will take many small steps to get there. But what we have today in AT is like 10x better than anything else offered in my biased opinion.

3 Likes

It depends on the % of FTP, the length, the spacing, the recovery, the interval length, and some other stuff.

1 Like

This would be just like it is today with TR or a coach. You’d need to pick a primary goal and we’d train you towards that.

But those two aren’t that far apart. Especially if your XC courses have long climbs and you plan to ride them fairly smooth.

There’s no magic that I’m aware of there that can make you equally awesome at doing TTs and being punchy as compared to specializing in TTs or specializing in being punchy.

2 Likes

Those workouts usually have a big level jump between them.

For example:
Baird +2 is a 6.6

Here’s Irvine that’s a level 10

If you pass Baird +2, Irvine would still be “Not Recommended”.

4 Likes