🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

We’re going to score outside unstructured rides and assign level(s) to them. This will move you in your progression.

6 Likes

Coach Chad hugs.

6 Likes

There is not just “one” model. There are many parts that chain together.

The ML team is always either adding a new model that chains in, or adding new features for existing models to see if it increases accuracy.

2 Likes
  1. Sort of. You could go back in the calendar and see the workout levels you were doing. We’ve been discussing historical views so that you can mouse over your TSS calendar and see your highest level in each training zone per week.
  2. We were just talking about this! I originally had a bad idea to make everyone level “4” across the board when they manually change FTP. We saw some bad rides come in on the beta after that so we’ve now made it like if you did the ramp test. If you manually change your FTP you will have a more progressive step in all of your levels.
  3. Yes, A/B/C is just like it is today.
1 Like

There’s been a lot of people wanting us to get people in faster to the beta. Here are our current issues that we found in this round that we’re fixing.

That means this work is almost done. “PR” means “Pull Request”. In the above image that means Alden has submitted code to fix the “Check for adaptations after reapply”.

Want us to go faster? Have your friends apply at Trainer Road, LLC jobs | Trainer Road, LLC openings | Trainer Road, LLC careers.

Our COO also put more info about the beta process here: Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update - #4

22 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Nate_Pearson A few of us asked about this about a million posts up in this thread and I think it got lost. Are there any medium term plans to add prospective data into the featureset such as ‘on a diet’? I could see some of your menstrual cycle data being something like this as well. It is one thing to tell the model a workout went badly because you were 750cal per day restricted for 2 weeks (or a woman on her cycle at x point, or pregnant, or in a house that just had a new baby) and it is another thing to tell the model that before a workout and let it make better recomendations. The tech related to this feels like its in the same wheelhouse of work you already have in place.

This is exactly right.

I like to think of ML like cooking.

Ingredients = data
Chef = ML Engineers

You need a great chef and great ingredients to produce something special. Just because someone else is doing “ML”, doesn’t mean they will come up with the same output.

Just like if I had great ingredients I wouldn’t come up with the same dish that Gordon Ramsey would.

4 Likes

I read an update today that this is production ready now. So most likely this will be in beta very very soon.

11 Likes

If you’re on a plan, it will suggest a TR workout.

But…you could find a workout at the same level in your WOC and do that.

1 Like

A little bit. The thing we aren’t showing you in TrainNow is if it is Achievable or Progressive. That data comes out soon.

So you might get a little bit harder workout or a little bit easier workout.

Once that gets released with levels you can probably do a bunch of AT stuff manually in your plan.

6 Likes

This is the long term goal, but is not here today. We think we need more data about how you feel and why you stopped/failed workouts.

I suspect there will be an evolution of rules → ML in this regard. I’ll be sure to let you know when it’s a set of rules and when it’s pure ML (or most likely it will be a mix at first).

1 Like

If you relieve yourself in a “set”, it will probably mark it as a failure.

If you relieve yourself between sets, it will probably mark it as a pass.

IE if you’re in a 2x20, pee in between sets, not at 10 minutes into a 20 minute interval. If you did that, it changes the nature of the workout.

8 Likes

Exactly.

We’ve got a lot of eyes on us. There will be bugs in AT for sure.

The internet is not a nice place, and if we have a bug that does something silly, there’s a good chance that someone makes a youtube video about it and tries to attack AT.

There’s also internal load on our system (both on employees and the actual infrastructure). It can feel like a panic if you let in tons and tons of people and you have five mission critical bugs all come in at once.

21 Likes

Yes…but…we can do better and we want to do better.

Please have your engineer friends apply at www.trainerroad.com/jobs.

There will also be a plan announcement tomorrow in regards to the volume steps between low-> mid and mid->high.

21 Likes

:exploding_head: :heart: :+1:

Looks like this one might just get checked off :smiley: :

10 Likes

Right now, just the tempo part will be scaled.

But…the sprints in those are more like “spin ups” that real all out sprints. A real all out sprint would make the tempo part really hard.

1 Like

The people we added didn’t have access before.

We had a few people in the summer get access too early, then we pulled that.

If you look at my post above, there’s one more issue to go before we let more people in.

7 Likes

Panic? You mean it adds to the excitement. The panic is for the person who has to pay the bill to Azure when the developers spun up too many resources to handle the increase in load. You don’t want to pay for the 100 core box?

1 Like

This is so true, but it’s a good thing! It just means we have an engaged audience who wants us to do better!

And we want to do it all!

Please tell your friends to apply at www.trainerroad.com/jobs.

2 Likes