🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Based on the podcast this sounds like what they have in place, and that they have the ability to run new features against the model to see if it further improves the accuracy. So there is some human intervention for hypothesis testing still, and I find that to be quite interesting too.

2 Likes

I asked the same question about subbing in longer rides on the weekends and this is what @SeanHurley said. Seems like our workaround will work.

2 Likes

Is train now available on the mobile iOS app?
I don’t see it

Any estimate of a time of when the adaptive training will be active?

Days? Weeks? Months?

Ty

You must use the beta app to access TrainNow.

No estimated on time. They are adding people and addressing issues that get identified and will add more once those are fixed, rinse & repeat.

2 Likes

Ohh ok how do I access the beta app

I think this has the instructions.

I’ve thought about this more and one missing link (there are several) is AT pulling from custom workouts instead of TR workouts.

Nate said that AT analysis of TR custom workouts via Workout Creator is in process now.

(To clarify my wording, it’s not working right now, but they’re in the process of making it work).

3 Likes

I’ve no knowledge or experience of this app - a mate of mine just brought it to my attention. Athletica provide AT for triathletes and runners, with cycling “coming soon”.

Ok, I understand that part, but say I do a 2x60min SS session and don’t quite finish the last interval and report a high RPE…will AT assign a TR workout which will be less than optimal/relevant or will it suggest a custom workout from my personal WOC library?

(I really should wait for the TLDR like I said I would!)

p.s. — Chad M probably deserves another free trip if this thread ever slows down!

3 Likes

Ok, so Train Now is built on the AT data and workout rankings, right? So is Train Now a cheat for using AT until we’re invited in? I’m following a plan, and tomorrow, for example, I have Darwin (60 min. with 4x10-min. threshold) according to the standard plan progression. If instead tomorrow I use Train Now and choose 60-min. Climbing will I be offered what AT actually thinks is best for my current, albeit hidden from me, AT levels?

2 Likes

Got it installed
Thanks!!!

1 Like

I think TrainNow only works for days you have nothing on your plan. So it won’t replace a scheduled ride from the plan.

2 Likes

Unbelievably excited about this. For someone with a tendency to do too much volume/intensity, no access to experienced coaches, plus some uneven Zone strengths/weaknesses (like most people probably) this is going to be a seismic shift in training strategy.

2 Likes

Yeah good point.
It’s NOT a lazy mans training adaptive alternative
I guess I was just trying to get a more concise answer of when the training adaptive will be available and the response was you have “trainnow” right now LOL

Just wish maybe they could have held off on the announcement until it was ready to be released to the masses

It’s frustrating that they don’t have a release date. Now that I’ve bought into all the potential benefits I want to start using it.

I still think it’s gonna be great whenever it’s active

1 Like

I’m just really excited at this development.

The thought of being able to just wake up that day and go, “well I’ve got x time to train, lets see what options I have” and to have the program automatically suggest a few options is amazing.

dbf

1m

I get that that’s the long term point of Train Now when it co-exists with plans and AT. But technically you can click and use the Train Now function right now whether you’re in a plan or not. So is it maybe making a more AT informed choice for a workout when looking at the same duration and energy system?

Time should always be your secondary concern. First should always be what adaptations/energy systems are you looking to train.

There is a ton of room for error to pick the wrong type of workout suggested by TN.

:

And that tag line “the right workout, every time”…just no. Understood it’s marketing, but it’s wrong.

Interested to watch the evolution.

1 Like

Feel free to tell my boss that :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Thankfully TR don’t go from internal beta straight to “released to the masses” :dizzy_face: