Increasing TSS for FTP gains

Honestly I’m not sure why you’d change a thing…you went up a huge amount during your off season and you are maintaining the same fitness throughout the race season.

This is exactly as expected - you shouldn’t really be seeing continuous gains year round.

You’re already at high volume. dive into the same plans this off season and see how you progress. Adjust after you spent an entire base/build/specialty progression and don’t improve

The various suggestions others have made are sound, but you’re risking over-training for a problem you might not even have. Don’t put yourself through that until you’re sure you’ve hit your peak based on the current volume

@cartsman Do you have any other way–besides FTP and performance on the road-- to measure the improvement you feel? For example, how has your 2-hour power changed? (either out or up)

1 Like

No one thing I can put my finger on, more a combination of power, RPE and HR across a bunch of rides. E.g. If I look at my all time power curve on TR there are quite a few rides from the list few months popping up with PRs in the 30 second to 5 minute range. I’m feeling very strong and able to put out good power in sprints at the end of long rides, even after doing a lot of work throughout the ride. Power over a few TTs and TTTs has been good.

I don’t really do any kind of training that would give me a good 2 hour number, if I had to go and do a 50 mile TT tomorrow I’d be confident of putting out some good numbers but have no particular desire to do so!